We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

Which Crested Butte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
League City, TX
reviews: 12
Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

Any feedback on this rental shop? Thier pricing is significantly better than anything on/near the mountain.

I worry a bit about rentals an hour away, in case something doesn't fit quite right, something breaks, etc.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
1. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

<<I worry a bit about rentals an hour away, in case something doesn't fit quite right, something breaks, etc.>>

Why I would rent close to where you're skiing. Sometimes stuff happens.

League City, TX
reviews: 12
2. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

Yep, just trying to save a buck or so, I suppose. Actually, its about half ($505 vs. $264). That's why I'm thinking about it..... Pretty significant.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 100
3. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

I can see the advantage of renting close by in case there's something not right or something breaks, but that is a very significant price break! I haven't rented skis from Gene Taylor, but they are a long-established, reputable business in Grand Junction, with locations in Gunnison and Snowmass for ski rentals. I would have no problem renting from them.

Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 10
4. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

Second what Missp said, Gene Taylors is a reputable place. They are the 'go to' place for rentals for most folks in Grand Junction. I would assume the Gunnison location is good, but have no specific knowledge.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
5. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

I always have friends rent from Gene Taylor's when they come to visit. My in-laws are in town this week to ski Crested Butte and they'll be heading to Gene Taylor's tomorrow morning to rent gear before going up to the mountain. Also, it's 31ish miles from Mt. CB to Gunnison. 40 minutes tops.

6. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, May 01, 2013
Edited: 6:35 pm, May 01, 2013
7. Re: Gene Taylor's Rentals - Gunnison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 03, 2014