We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

We will be in the COS area for a couple of days then our travels will take us by the Mt Evans scenic by-way. Even if we do the cog train first thing in the AM it will be too late to do Mt Evans by the time we get there. Have heard/read grest reviews on Mt Evans and am wondering if we should fo that instead of Pikes Peak. Thoughts??

4 replies to this topic
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 189
1. Re: Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

haven't been to Pikes Peak. We opted for Mt Evans because of price difference and Mt Evans is covered under the parks pass if you have one. Loved Mt Evans, by the way :)

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
2. Re: Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

They are both great destinations with spectacular views. If you are going to be in the Springs, do Pikes Peak.

I've driven mountain roads for more than 30 years and I find the road to Mt. Evans a bit more "challenging" than Pikes Peak. I think it's because the road narrows toward the top and it freaks me out a bit with all of the bicyclists seemingly at every turn.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 189
3. Re: Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

oh, yeah... the bicyclists. How do they even make it up there???? Crazy!

Raleigh, North...
4. Re: Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I read about the bicyclists - I agree - crazy!! If we do Pikes Peak we were going to do the cog train on our way out of town but I like to take pictures so thought since we were going by Mt Evans anyway we would do that instead so we could stop along the way. We will have a park pass. Maybe we should take the train out of the equation - then just have to decide which mountain road we want to venture out on. :-)

Reply to: Pikes Peak vs Mt Evans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted