We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from airport to downtown area

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
reviews: 1
distance from airport to downtown area

We are staying for 5 days for a girls national basketball tournament ( aug 5-11) . Would like to know distance to downtown from airport and any hotel recommendation in downtown area

4 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
1. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

It's about 20 minutes to downtown. There are not a ton of hotels right downtown. My usual preference is Antler's, which is a great HIlton managed property in easy walking distance to restaurants with very easy access to I-25. There's a ton of lower priced chains all along the I-25 corridor.

Have fun.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
2. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

^^How fast you driving Tumbleweed? Maybe 20 with a lead foot and light traffic but count on maybe 10-15 more if you hit rush hour times.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
3. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

I would have guessed 20 minutes as well, but I'm known for having a lead foot. But it does help if you know where you are going. There are a lot of reasonable hotels near I-25 and Circle, very convenient to everything including downtown. Location-wise, Hyatt Place on Garden of the Gods, is about as central as you can get and close to the I-25 corridor.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 71
4. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

I would have guessed 20 mins. Mapquest says 18 mins. Downtown you have Mining Exchange and Antler's Hilton. Both are nice and within walking distance of plenty of restaurants.

Reply to: distance from airport to downtown area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted