We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Traveler

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, Delaware
reviews: 6
Single Traveler

I am traveling alone to Colorado Springs in October 2013 and am interested in finding things to do while there.

I am planning on going to Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and The Air Force Chapel. Other than that, I dont know what to do. I heard there are Hot Springs somewhere. I cannot find any information on where they are located. Also, would they be safe for a woman to go alone?

Any places to meet single men and dance?

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 71
1. Re: Single Traveler

You'll be completely safe here on your own. As with anywhere, use common sense, but in the main tourist areas and downtown, you should have no problem at all. What else you should do depends on your interests. Many people enjoy the Olympic Training Center, and if you like hiking and the outdoors there are many options for things to do.

If you like shopping, or just browsing shops, you might enjoy wandering around Old Colorado City or Manitou Springs. If you're a wine drinker, I always encourage a visit to Wines of Colorado to try some Colorado wine.

Places to dance will also depend on your interests. What type of music do you like? You should check out the calendars on both the Gazette and the Independent newspaper websites for what live music you'll find where.

Wilmington, Delaware
reviews: 6
2. Re: Single Traveler

To: law_girl_75

Thank you for responding! Im in my mid 40's, traveling alone and will be in Colorado Springs for 6 days. Im hoping to get tickets to the Air Force vs Notre Dame game. That would be very cool!!!

I didn't know about the Olympic Training Center so that has been added to my list. My walking is limited due to a recent knee surgery :( and I am not going to let that put a damper on my spirits!! I love everything you wrote in your 2nd paragraph!!! I do enjoy shopping and browsing so Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs sound great. I am going to Pikes Peak via the Cog Railway and if not mistaken, I board the train at the Manitou Springs station.

I CANNOT WAIT TO DRINK SOME COLORADO WINE!!!! lol

Since Im in my mid 40's, my music tastes vary. I love the oldies, the 80's (the new oldies - haha), and country music. Would love to go out at night and nice people in my age group. Not into the lastest rap, heavy metal, and Lord knows... I DON'T TWERK!!!

The two papers you mentioned... Gazette and Independent... are they online or are these papers I can pick up at the Airport or visitors center?

Again... thank you so much for your help!

Edited: 5:55 pm, September 19, 2013
Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 71
3. Re: Single Traveler

Having had knee surgery myself not too long ago, I feel your pain! Most places here are quite accessible. Since you'll be somewhat limited on your ability to hike and do our outdoor activities, I'd recommend a drive through Garden of the Gods. Even if you barely get out of the car, it is a gorgeous drive. Another option would be the drive up to Helen Hunt Falls. It is a pretty drive, and you can view the falls from the parking lot. I'm not 100% sure if the road is open all the way up to the Falls right now - the area got hit with the flooding the week before last.

Both the Gazette and the Independent have online sites as well as actual newspapers. The Independent is free, and has a good listing of local events. You might want to see what sort of music they have at Meadow Muffins and/or Thunder & Buttons in Old Colordo City, or at Oscar's downtown. Southside Johnny's downtown would also be a good option. They all attract a nice crowd of people, and I wouldn't hesitate to go there. Also, the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor, or really any of the bars at the Broadmoor are good options if you want something higher end.

Have a great trip!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
4. Re: Single Traveler

Beyond Manitou Springs a short drive away is Woodland Park which is a very beautiful town with a up in the clouds mountain feel. Florissant Fossil Beds beyond there would be easy as it's right out behind the visitor center and a pretty spot even if you're not up to the trails with recent surgery.

I enjoy the drive up to the Cave of the Winds it's very pretty especially at the top. You can eat there with a view and explore the gift shop since a cave tour is likely out. The drive up and view were actually my favorite anyway and it's free :-). That's on your way into/before the heart of Manitou Springs.

The morning (first ride out) cog is always best for weather and wildlife. Make reservations in advance. This is on my top ten ever list, it's just a fantastic scenic and relaxing trip up. The three seat side offers better unobstructed views (i.e. photos directly out the window vs. past people).

The Garden of the Gods has two different stops the visitors center to check out as well as the Trading Post. You'll definitely enjoy the views just driving through and stopping in designated places. It's our must do every time we visit we never tire of doing this.

You'll enjoy the location of the Air Force Academy, the picturesque chapel and just exploring the visitors center, you can eat there, shop in the gift shop and explore the museum like exhibits/touring through the building.

I have seen it from afar but think the America the Beautiful Park looks like a good stop.

Van Briggle Pottery is in town if that's something that interests you.

Helen Hunt Falls would be a good stop.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
5. Re: Single Traveler

oh btw Pioneers Museum is a great museum (FREE) in an old courthouse that's worth checking out, we really enjoyed our stop here.

6. Re: Single Traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 03, 2014