We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska...
ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

We are taking a trip to Colorado Springs and are really wanting to ATV in the mountains. We cannot seem to find many options. Has anyone done that in Colorado Springs and have some reccomendations?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 112
1. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll find too many ATV rentals right in Colorado Springs but I did find this one near by:

http://rockhoundatv.com/areainfo

Omaha, Nebraska...
2. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

Thanks!! That is the only one I can find online in the area as well! I just thought there might be more than one option! Looks like we will be going with Rockhound Rentals!

Edited: 10:59 am, March 20, 2013
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
reviews: 98
3. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

For trail descriptions in the Colorado Springs area, see these two sites.

http://staythetrail.org/maps/

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

Colorado Springs, CO
reviews: 22
4. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

Depends where you are going off roading. There are places off highway 24 that would be on the way to the better spots.

I am not a huge fan of the roads close to the Springs. They are too traveled and more motorcycles around those spots. I would head further West.

If you have the time, a great huge area not too far is the Tarryall Mountain area. Countless trails and places to camp and such. Again, a really huge area. I really like when you head up a bit North towards Tarryall Reservoir.

Omaha, Nebraska...
5. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

Thank you for your response!! We have never been to Colorado Springs and are very interested in offroading. We will be there for 3 nights. I have attempted to research ATV rentals and have only found one Renter everytime... Rockhound Rentals. The reviews are not the greatest but I guess at the this point I thought we had no other options? Do you have any suggestions for somewhere within driving distance from Colorado Springs to rent one??

Colorado Springs, CO
reviews: 22
6. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

You know you have me stumped. All my buddies have the gear so I've never rented.

I do know Rockhound is up that way I was thinking. I really thought there was at least one more. I am having a hard time googling one though.

Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

I stick by my suggestion of Tarryall area. You do get some Denver folks there but it's a huge area. Countless trails, too. It's about 1.5 hrs from the Springs. Possibly a touch more if you go far into the area or it just takes you a while to figure out where you want to go.

It's off of 77. La Salle pass comes to mind. You can jeep that one but it's a cool area. If you can hit the area during the week even better. Go with your own stuff as past Woodland Park there's not much for stores or anything.

If you rent, I would suggest you still do your own itinerary vs. what they might suggest. Of course I have not rented so I might be off base.

Bring a good GPS and you can get good trail maps for that area.

Edited: 5:21 pm, April 04, 2013
7. Re: ATV Rentals in Colorado Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 06, 2014