We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diner-type restaurant suggestions?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
reviews: 7
diner-type restaurant suggestions?

I'm taking my daughter to Colorado Springs for a couple of days this week (from Denver) -- would like suggestions for simple diner-type restaurants. Our agenda will include Air Force Academy, horseback riding in Garden of the Gods, Broadmoor and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (and a stop at the Yarn Outlet!). Suggestions for other activities and/or a nice place to stay with a good free breakfast would also be welcome. (I would hope at this time of year to get a hotel room for around $75/night or less.) Thank you!

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
1. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

I'll throw out a few. I'm not as familiar with the north near Air Force but I'll suggest www.cheddars.com/ (yes a chain) for it's onion rings and sandwiches, good chicken too.

Around Garden of the Gods, a little nicer than diner atmosphere is www.marigoldcoloradosprings.com/ or The Dive Hamburgers @ 3043 W. Pikes Peak. Nearby is www.bontonscafe.com/ in Old Colorado City.

If you'd like to poke around Manitou, www.adamsmountain.com/ is a great little find. www.pjsbistro.com/ has execellent food as well.

Near your yarn shop is www.sheldonslunch.com/

Not too many diner types around the Broadmoor and Zoo. But downtown is just a mere 8 min. away. Check out www.shugas.com/ , www.overeasy.com/ , www.kingsdiner.com/ , and www.labaguette-co.com/. I'm sure others will jump in with hotel recommendations. I typically just hop on hotwire or priceline. The only area I would not recommend is near the airport (too far out) or on the east side of town (as there aren't many tourist attrations there. Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City should be included in your search.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
2. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

A couple of corrections on the websites are www.overeasyonline.com/ and www.kingschefdiner.com/

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
reviews: 71
3. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

For food, both Over Easy and King's Chef are great diners. King's Chef is more of a diner feel, with awesome food. May I ask how old your daughter is? If she's a young-ish child or teen, my recommendations might be different than if she's an adult.

Drury Inn is a good hotel choice if you're on a budget - free evening snack hour, free breakfast, okay location off North Academy. Any of the hotels off South Circle/Geyser Drive would be fine - standard chains.

Paninos is a good local place. Not really a diner, but an inexpensive Italian place with good sandwiches, pizza and pasta dishes. Also not a diner, but affordable eats downtown is Il Vicino. Really good pizza.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
4. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

Old Colorado City has some shopping and many local motels in Manitou Springs a short distance to the west. Downtown Co Springs is also a short drive. Chain motels are north near Academy and south near Circle Dr.

Diner types also include - Mason Jar in Old CO City www.masonjarcolorado.com/index.html

These aren't simple diner types but good...

Panino's has some great sandwiches www.paninos.com/colorado+springs_fort+collins_colorado/paninos_local_italian_restaurant_fort_collins_colorado_springs.html

Poor Richards is downtown with a bookstore, toy store etc attached. Good pizza and sandwiches with also vegetarian. www.poorrichardsdowntown.com

Jose Muldoons - decent Mexican, fun atmosphere http://www.josemuldoons.com/

Paravicini's Italian in Old Co City. A bit more expensive but yummy lasagna http://paravicinis.com/index.html

Edited: 8:45 pm, February 25, 2013
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
5. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

Panino's is doing a renovation, otherwise a great suggestion.

Denver, CO
reviews: 7
6. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

Yes, sorry I forgot to specify -- my daughter is eighteen, but is a pretty picky eater. (more adventurous than she used to be, though!)

Thanks, everyone -- I will check out all these ideas!

Edited: 9:55 pm, February 25, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 102
7. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

If she likes Mexican, I took my teens to The Loop in Manitou Springs while visiting and we all absolutely loved it.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
8. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

If you haven't booked your hotel yet, it looks like Sat. may be the best day for horseback riding according to www.weather.com/ .

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
9. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

if you stayed at the Drury Inn two good chains are Cracker Barrel and Famous Daves. One's great for fantastic breakfast meals anytime and the other is all about BBQ. The Drury is great for lots of food all through the day, nothing fancy but it comes with the lodging and we really enjoyed it.

Colorado Springs...
10. Re: diner-type restaurant suggestions?

North End Diner might also be a good choice! http://www.northenddiner.com/