We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Gorge Route Railroad-Vista Dome seating

Which Canon City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, USA
reviews: 3
Royal Gorge Route Railroad-Vista Dome seating

We reserve 3 Vista Dome 9:30am tickets for a late September Sunday. It is my 3-year-old son, my wife and me. I wonder how we wil be seated--a table of four with a strange? or a table facing sideways? This is our 1st time riding this train, so we don't know exactly how the seating chart is like. Since it is also my son's 4th birthday who is also a huge train-fan, we are thinking about bringing a little cupcake and a candle. I feel acwkward if we share a table with a strange if we go to do all that b'day thing. Should I ask for a private table? How much is it. Or they will seat us with the sideway table? Of course, I can also call the train operator. But I guess I can also hear from the guests' opinion. Thanks!

1 reply
Canon City, Colorado
reviews: 16
1. Re: Royal Gorge Route Railroad-Vista Dome seating

If you are purchasing tickets for all three of you, the fourth seat will be blocked out. You will not have anyone else seated at your table. The Royal Gorge Route Railroad does not allow outside food or beverages (except for water) on the train. They do, however, have some awesome deserts on the menu. I'm sure if you called ahead they would arrange to have one on board during their breakfast train. Unfortunately, it is against railroad regulations to allow any open flames on any passenger train. I think you can buy fake (electric) candles... Maybe they have a way that you could turn the light off when your son "blows out" his candle(?).

Reply to: Royal Gorge Route Railroad-Vista Dome seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted