We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Plans

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honeymoon Plans

Our original plans were near Estes Park, so we have since had to change that. I have found a rental property in Breckenridge that we are likely going to be staying. I just want information on some activities and restaurants that others think we should definitely check out on our honeymoon. I've been in the area before, but never to Breckenridge. Oh and we'll be there Oct. 6-13.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
1. Re: Honeymoon Plans

Breckenridge and the rest of Summit County will be quiet in October, but there will be plenty of places to dine and activities to do. Mostly hiking, biking etc. Plan on visiting the towns of Frisco, Silverthorne, Dillon and even over to Keystone Resort. When I lived in Breck October was my favorite month...cool, sunny and sometimes a snow flurry in the higher elevations.

Enjoy!

2. Re: Honeymoon Plans

When you say quiet, do you also mean that there won't be quite as many people? Because I would love it if there weren't too many people while we're there. I wanted to be a little more secluded, but at this point I was just desperate to find a new place.

Edited: 6:58 am, September 17, 2013
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
3. Re: Honeymoon Plans

Yes, in essence the town will be very quiet.

Tourist season basically slows down after Labor Day and really slows down after the aspen changes color.

It will be off-season in the high country (in terms of #'s of visitors).

I know you said you rented something but you should have your pick of places at decent prices this time of year. By the way, I know Breck places fairly well (maybe not the exact place you are staying but I will know the location so if you want a local's opinion on where you are, let me know or Private message me).

Since it is off-season, most activities available to you will be of the hiking/outdoors variety as most of the items for visitors will be closed by then such as alpine slide, gondola, water taxi....

So, the ? becomes, if you are looking for quiet, secluded, low-key then you will be ok. If you are looking for more visitor/tourist things to do, then depending on your booking/cancelation policy, you might want to look elsewhere...but in general this is what you will find throughout the mtn. areas this time of year. Also, if you are looking for something a little warmer, then perhaps something at a lower elevation. Temp. wise (looking at last year, expect high's in the low 50's to high 40's).

Things to do:

Hiking: http://www.summitcountyexplorer.com/

If you like rec center based activities (workout classes, yoga, bball, pool...) check out the Breck Rec Center and get a punch pass.

Day Trip Ideas:

1) Buena Vista- hot springs (Mt. Princeton or Cottonwood), St. Elmo ghost town

2) Vail- walk about (again, it will be fairly quiet there as well)

3) Glenwood Springs- hot springs, Hanging Lake hike

If you are looking for other ideas on places to stay if you are still looking around for options, let us know if you are driving in from somewhere, flying in....

If looking for a place that is a little warmer, outdoor based.... consider where many Summit locals run to in the off-seasons...Moab, Utah

You could either go there the entire time or do something like 4 days there and then 3 days over in

1) Ouray, CO- best small mtn town in Colorado

2) Telluride, CO

3) Glenwood Springs, CO (if coming back towards Denver area)

Matt

4. Re: Honeymoon Plans

The location of the rental is on Rachel Lane. I thought I saw somewhere that this is where a lot of locals stay, but I just read that. I'm expecting to spend a lot of time relaxing at our rental while we're there. But I'd also like to get out and find things to do. I just don't want to exhaust ourselves with too many planned things. I'm thinking we'll just do things day by day. Although, I was really hoping to get a ride on the gondola. That's too bad that it'll be closed. Will most of the shops and restaurants still be open on our stay?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
5. Re: Honeymoon Plans

Are you tied into your choice on Rachel Lane or are you still looking around?

6. Re: Honeymoon Plans

We haven't technically booked it, but have spoken with the owner and I told her we would book at as soon as I had the money available, as I haven't received the refund from the previous rental. Why do you ask?

7. Re: Honeymoon Plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge