We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in Breckenridge

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Running in Breckenridge

We are visiting breckenridge this weekend, and I'm also training for a marathon. I need to run 8 miles a day. What is a good running trail?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
1. Re: Running in Breckenridge

Paved- there is paved trail that runs from Breck to Frisco (9 miles one way, probably more by the time it twists and turns). Can run it all the way and catch the free Summit Stage bus back or do roughly 1/2.

Off road- plenty of options (I just don't know them) as there is a running series around here. Call the Breck Rec Center and ask for suggestions as they typically put on the running series.

Matt

reviews: 7
2. Re: Running in Breckenridge

Thank you so much!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
3. Re: Running in Breckenridge

Mbrennan55 be prepared that running at 9K is very different! You will want to carry water or sports drink with you. I did 9 miles last weekend and it kicked my A$$ and I live in Denver! If you are used to running with music you will want to have one ear free to hear the cyclist.

On the other hand the views are a great distraction.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 87
4. Re: Running in Breckenridge

We will also be in Breckenridge. Hiking, definitely not running. We will be in for only 2 nights. Any suggestions on "must see or do"? Thanks so much.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
5. Re: Running in Breckenridge

Mohawk Lakes in Breck is a great hike.

Ride the gondola up (free), then pay to ride the ski lift up. Hike up to the top of Imperial Peak for great views or hike back down to the base of Peak 8.

Matt

reviews: 5
6. Re: Running in Breckenridge

Be prepared for altitude! Carry water- you will drink way more than you normally do on a run. Also, if you go in the afternoon, be prepared for the weather to change. I love to run up Boreas Pass Road to Bakers Tank and then loop back on Bakers Tank Trail. From the trail head ( about 4 miles from the light in town) park and then run up the road- this is a jeep road with cars so watch for traffic. Great views and a steady 4 % grade up... One if the easier climbs in Breck. The loop is 7.5 miles. There is also a new running store in town (the elevated runner, I think is the name). They are very friendly and would have other good recommendations.

7. Re: Running in Breckenridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 07, 2014