We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are thoughts on

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 84
what are thoughts on

beaver run resort? if we request premium upgraded in bldng 4. looking for dec 21, 22 or 23 for about 5 - 6 nights.

it would be dh, myself and 11 yr old dd who will be in ski school.

is beaver run near ski school? walking distance to village?

is their truly a mini golf? how cool is that! dd would love it after ski school, dinner, swimming and hottub....

any thoughts would be truly appreciated. thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 239
1. Re: what are thoughts on

Beaver Run is fine, albeit a bit of a kid factory but that's want. Lots to do including mini golf (at least last time I was there). Do keep in mind there are over 500 rooms in the resort, so it's busy. It's super easy access to ski school and a reasonable walk into town (10-15 minutes) or shuttle. True ski in/out. Haven't stayed there in some years but always enjoyed it, but you do have to adjust to the mass of people there.

Have fun.

Cleveland, Ohio
2. Re: what are thoughts on

thanks tumbleweed! I believe you were helpful in last years planning on our trip to vail where we stayed at manor vail lodge and just loved it!

I am searching for an upgraded premium unit much like manor vail lodge as we had such a great experience! I had booked a premium upgraded unit much in advance and we were so super pleased! it was ground floor and a hop skip and jump to the pool and hottub! and ski school was smack across the street! and the village was a quick few minute beautiful walk which I thouroughly enjoyed!

I think that since we do have an 11 yr old...the masses of kids could be tolerated for a bit! lol. wine helps...imho...she is looking forward to ski friends, ski school and outdoor hottubs and swimming in the snow! and the minigolf would be great after a day at ski school, dinner, swimming and hottubs! then golf and then of course off to bed for her so mom and dad can have some nice warming red wine! lol.

I have been doing research and have found that building 4 is the newest building.....thoughts? advice?

your input is appreciated! thanks again!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 23
3. Re: what are thoughts on

What you may want to find out is how upgraded the unit is in the Bldg you are looking at. The age is not that much of a difference considering bldg. 4 built in 1985, others in 80/81.

Bldg 4 is dominated by deluxe studios and Colorado Suites. Thus, if you want a true 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm you would have to go to a different Bldg.

Beaver Run rates their units on a point system...might be out of 100 but not positive.

The rooms will have 4 numbers...such as room 4309. The 2nd number (in this case 3) is what is important as this means you are on the 3rd level. The higher up you can get (think there are 7 or 8 levels in Bldg 4) the better view you get.

Matt

Cleveland, Ohio
4. Re: what are thoughts on

thankyou matt!

Breckenridge...
5. Re: what are thoughts on

Beaver Run is nice also because there is a restaurant on site, Spencer's Steakhouse, as well as two bars and a quick sandwich and pizza eatery. Depending on how skiing goes and how busy town is, you wouldn't even have to leave the resort to eat.

The pools and hot tubs are some of the best I personally think, both inside and outside. The bars usually have live music going on every night as well.

Breckenridge...
reviews: 15
6. Re: what are thoughts on

What is super nice about the Building 4(premium units) is the ease of access to the slopes. At building 4 you once you walk out the ski locker for bld 4 and you ski down to the beaver run chair. All other blds you have to walk across the ski walk. You also have your own hot tub pool area. It will come in handy to avoid the crowds during peak seasons. Ski school, lift ticket window, day care, and the lift are all located out the back door. The mini golf and arcade are fun if you have enough energy left after skiing all day. You will prob ed up in one of the hot tubs.

7. Re: what are thoughts on

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, July 30, 2014

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 9
8. Re: what are thoughts on

Seriously Manager912?... You dredged up a YEAR OLD thread to post an insult? Reported as harassment/ personal attack.

Reply to: what are thoughts on
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted