We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any packing tips?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New London, PA
reviews: 4
Any packing tips?

Just checked the weather and it looks like high 60's, which seems cold for us from the east coast. Should we keep the shorts and tees at home? Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
1. Re: Any packing tips?

When are you coming? It is supposed to be in the 80's today. Hot for Breck. Nights are cool bring jeans, shorts, flip flops, hiking shoes, fleece, rain jacket, swim suit for hot-tub, back pack to stuff the layers in and you are pretty much good to go.

Edited: 11:58 am, July 22, 2013
New London, PA
reviews: 4
2. Re: Any packing tips?

We are coming in on Wednesday and when I checked weather.com it said high 60's, which seems chilly to us ;)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
3. Re: Any packing tips?

I understand, if the sun is out it will feel much warmer than that. You will want the shorts and t-shirts for daytime activities. I always have a extra top layer with me, this time of year it is usually a long sleeve running top, lightweight and folds up small, and a rain jacket.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 105
4. Re: Any packing tips?

You may be comfortable in jeans all the time, (hubby & I wear jeans most of the time) but you'll probably want shorts some, too, if you are used to wearing them. Bring the tee shirts and a couple of long sleeve shirts to layer over the tees.

In addition to alli's list, I always throw in a pair or two of wool socks. They serve for hiking socks plus slippers on chilly floors in the evening and early morning.

5. Re: Any packing tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2014