We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infor on Breckenridge please

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Kansas
reviews: 25
Infor on Breckenridge please

HI! We are considering going soon. I realize most condos don't have A/C and usually don't need it.

But will we be miserable unless we have Air conditioning?

Also, does the gondola run in the summertime? Any opinions on staying at Crystal Peaks in August? Anyone recommend elsewhere? THANK YOU!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 22
1. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

If you want AC you may not have many choices.

Crystal Peak & One Ski Hill up at the base of Peak 8 probably have AC as they were just recently built.

Gondola runs in the summer but might close at 4 or 5pm (but to be honest have no idea).

Those places are both very nice but would not be my choice of where to stay in August as cannot walk to Main St., anytime you want to do something you will drive...although not bad if you ride the gondola...but if AC is a must, again not much of a choice.

You could try WaterHouse which is a good location as this was just built within the past 2 years. It might have AC. Best bet is to call the Main Street Station front desk (don't have the #) and inquire.

Best of luck.

matt

New London, PA
reviews: 4
2. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

We just got back yesterday from our trip! We loved Breckenridge and I'm sure you will too. We stayed at BlueSky and did not have AC and didn't need it. To be honest we needed a little bit of heat a couple of nights because it got chilly.

The gondola closes down at around 6 or 7, i believe. We went all the way up to Peak 9 and had to be back on the lift by 5:30pm to start heading down.

I would recommend checking out Blue Sky, we got an an amazing rate for a 2 bedroom place. It is newer and the units are beautiful. Very nice kitchens with granite counters, SS appliances, fireplace and 2 bathrooms. Also, it's close to town so it's easy to walk but if you don't want to they offer a free shuttle (we did both).

Michigan
3. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

We returned on 7/27 and also had a concern about AC. We didn't have AC in our B&B and we would not have used it even if it was available

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
4. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

Hi Ami_chai, I remember you! How was the trip?

Michigan
5. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

Our trip was GREAT! We really liked Allaire Timbers Inn. Thanks for that suggestion.

We made day trips to Vail and Aspen before we moved on to Grand Lake and Estes Park.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
6. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

Nice! I too like the Allaire Timbers Inn, glad it all worked well for you!

7. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

A/c is not needed in Breck, ever!

8. Re: Infor on Breckenridge please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014