We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola Question

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temple, Texas
reviews: 11
Gondola Question

I was reading a closed topic regarding hiking. The destination expert mentioned getting off at the Grand Lodge Stop and walking past Grand Lodge. He mentioned that the Peaks TH is just beyond. How do you know when you are at the Grand Lodge stop? Are there signs? Also on another website it mentions that the TH parking area is about .6 mi beyond the Peak 8 parking area. So, if I get off the Gondola am I looking for Grand Lodge or am I looking for the Peak 8 parking area? I will be in the area on Thursday. Staying in Silverthorne but plan on being in Breck too. Is the Grand Lodge stop still part of the free ride?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
1. Re: Gondola Question

If you are riding the gondola, there are only 3 potential stops

1) Shock Hill- about 3-4 minutes into the ride up.

2) Crystal Peak condo & Grand Lodge area- this is where you want to get off. You will know when you get here as you will see a large condo complex.

*the gondola does a hard left as it makes it's way to its final end destination of One Ski Hill Place which is about a minute ride after where you want to get off.

If you are not sure where to go after you get off at Crystal Peaks/Grand Lodge, just walk into one of the complexes as they both have front desks with receptionists and they should be able to point you in the right direction. If you are planning to come back via the gondola, make sure you know the hours of operation so you don't miss the ride back down.

Matt

Temple, Texas
reviews: 11
2. Re: Gondola Question

Thanks for the information.

3. Re: Gondola Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 23, 2014