We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 73
ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

so last year we stayed at manor vail lodge at the base of golden peak in vail and just loved it! the childrens ski school was smack across the street! we had a fabulous one bedroom on the ground floor that was super near the pool and hot tubs and bonus was the room srvc for dinner when dd was too tired after a day of ski school....so, that being said, we are thinking of breck this xmas. not even sure where to start. I do not ski. dd does ski school. dh does a bit of skiing. our requirements would be the following: near (as in a short walk) to ski school, pool and hot tubs, updated, balcony or porch and not far to walk to restuarants/shopping, etc.

any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

last yr on the vail boards I received some awesome and wonderful advice and am hoping for the same here!

thanks in advance.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
1. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

Check out http://oneskihillplace.com/

Not stayed there but seen it and it's got everything --location and amenities. Anywhere you stay book early and after Vail you know to expect to pay top dollar during the holiday . . . but not as much in Breck, which will be a blessing.

Cleveland, Ohio
2. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

thanks for your prompt response! you were super helpful last year...sure I will be back with more questions.....thanks again

Cleveland, Ohio
3. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

and, dh will be happy with a lower price tag... lol

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 20
4. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

One Ski Hill is probably the nicest Breck offers but the problem is it is not within walking distance to town. You can ride the gondola but that shuts down around 4pm. They offer shuttle service so it is doable but if you want walking distance, then it would be out.

Village At Breckenridge is the best location for everything you are looking for. It is an older complex but just had an exterior update. Ski school right by, Main St. is 100 yards away...If you call the Village directly to inquire about prices, ask for a Gold rated unit, high up with views.

Matt

Cleveland, Ohio
5. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

thank you matt.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
6. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

We've stayed at the Village several times because the location is a short walk to both the lift and Main St.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
7. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

The Village has room rankings --plat, gold, silver, lead -- I believe. I know updates have occurred at the Village over the years but 12-13 years ago I walked in my room and went next door to Main Street Station. It was that bad. If improved then it's worth considering especially given it's location. 1 Ski Hill is brand new with shuttle service to Main street anytime you want. They are other options too, like MSS, Blue Sky etc. Go to the breck website for all lodging listings and ask for feedback . . . and read the TA reviews.

Breckenridge...
reviews: 15
8. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

Manor Vail is pretty nice. If you want something of that quality in Breckenridge their our only a few options. Peak 8 options will be One Ski Hill, Crystal Peak, and Grand Lodge at Peak7(Nicest places in town with locations still 2 ski school). These will all be a bus, shuttle, or gondola ride to town. These will all be close to ski school, rental shops, and the lift ticket window. The other great area of Breckenridge is the peak 9 base area as this is the area where the town meets the mountain. The closest to Manor vail quality will be the Water Point, Main Street Station, The Village at Breckenridge(chateau side), and Grand Timber Lodge. All will be a easy walk to town mince the Grand Timber Lodge. Their are also a few places that are great depending on the unit you reserve. Beaver Run(will be the most full service resort, great for kids, and everything that has to do with the mtn is out the back door), Trails End, and The Cedars.

9. Re: ok back again...last xmas it was vail..this year maybe breck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 01, 2014