We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer in breckenridge

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 20
summer in breckenridge

We will be in the Breckenridge area in July for a few days, have never been there before, coming with my husband and 17 and 19 year old boys. We would love to find a condo or house that is not only easily accessible to town (walk or catch gondola or shuttle instead of driving), but also has nice deck/outdoor living space with views. From looking at pictures, it seems that since the area was built for skiing, many condo complexes have small or no decks and they often look at their neighbor with not much of a mountain view. Any recommendations?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
1. Re: summer in breckenridge

Decks are not overly huge in Breck due to winter...lots of snow build up on deck can be problems.

If you want to be in-town with views, you will want top floor.

Can try

Village At Breckenrnidge- ask for top floor unit (west or south facing)

River Mountain Lodge- I actually like east facing above the river top floor

Mountain Thunder- main building (believe bldg 1)- top floor south facing

Should get you started.

Matt

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 20
2. Re: summer in breckenridge

Thank you, Matt!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
3. Re: summer in breckenridge

Also, up on Peak 8 there are nice views.

Crystal Peak Lodge- higher up...I actually prefer east facing.

Only downfall is not in-town so you will have to drive or catch gondola which shuts down late afternoon. Can use amenities at One Ski Hill or you can check out One Ski Hill as well.

Personally, while they are newer properties and have great views, I prefer the in-town properties as you can walk everywhere but in case you are looking for the newer properties, Crystal Peak & One Ski Hill are worth a look.

Matt

4. Re: summer in breckenridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge