I have too many questions for this to be one topic! I apologize in advance.
My wife and I will be staying at the Pine Ridge Condos January 9-13. From what I can tell, this is near the base of peak 9.
My wife barely skis, she might try one day, but for the most part I will be by myself. At other resorts I have been, I mostly ski easy/moderate black, difficult blues. Get pretty bored with less.
1. I'd love to find a group or another solo of similar skills that knows the mountain that could put up with a straggler.
2. If I'm by myself, is peak 9/10 my best bet? If I'm by myself I don't want to get in over my head, but do get bored easily. I also like new experiences. Would I be better off sticking to one peak or trying to do it all?
3. How easy/difficult is it getting from peak 9 to the other peaks. The trail map seems like navigation to and from may not be easy. And once you get somewhere, it looks much easier to just stay put.
4. Will anything at the top of peak 8 (6 Chair) be open? How difficult is that stuff?
5. If my wife does ski, extreme novice (but won't do school cause she will just ski one day), where would the easiest starting point for her be? What would be the easiest way of getting there if our lodge is at peak 9?
6. Are there plenty of restaurants, shops, etc., at the base of peak 9?
7. Will she be ok getting around town on foot from our lodge?
Many more questions, but too many already. Thanks!