We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Are there any half-day group beginner to intermediate ski lessons? My wife has been skiing once about 15 years ago and we are headed out to Breck for three days in March. She'd love to take a lesson, but would prefer just a half day so that we can ski together for the second half of the day. A full day seems a little much....but I could be mistaken.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

South Lake Tahoe...
reviews: 156
1. Re: Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Why not look into a private half day lesson? She'll get SO much more out of one-on-one time with a pro, than with someone trying to teach a whole class.

South Lake Tahoe...
reviews: 156
2. Re: Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Here's a link to Breckenridge's ski school:

breckenridge.com/ski-and-ride-school/ski-and…

Breckenridge...
3. Re: Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Half day lessons are only available for the latter half of the day. I believe they start at 1pm. You can't reserve them in advance and they are sort of first come first serve and they can sell out. A private lesson would be great because the instructor can teach/guide both of you but be prepared to drop some serious money in that case. They are not cheap!

breck
reviews: 2
4. Re: Half-Day Ski Lessons??

Group half day lessons ARE available in the mornings, they start at 9:30am. At Peak 9 beginner lessons start at the base of Beaver Run, intermediate lessons start at Ten Mile Station so allow time for catching the chair lift up to the meeting point. The largest group lesson I ever had was 6 people. Afternoon lessons are not available for intermediate levels and beginner lessons are only available if there are people taking full day lessons, in other words if nobody was taking a morning lesson then the instructors are sent home. Full day lessons are usually only about $20 more than half days. Mornings are spent practising techniques, afternoons are more skiing.

5. Re: Half-Day Ski Lessons??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, May 09, 2013