We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

I can't find much info online regarding day trips around breckenridge. Anyone have recommendations on other ski resorts, towns, things we should see?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 20
11. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Shelly:

Cimarron is fine. There are a couple of units on the ground/sub ground level I might avoid.

Underground parking, elevator, walk to town, 3-4 minute flat walk to Quicksilver lift & their is a free Breck bus stop just across the street.

All in all, a good complex in a good location.

If you want to get closer to the slopes, for $$$ comparison sake, check out Trails End (mostly 1 or 2 bdrm units) or a Cedars unit if you are looking for a 3 bdrm or bigger. If you are looking at Cimmaron then I assume you are in the 1 or 2 bdrm range.

Matt

Chicago, Illinois
12. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Thanks again Matt- we have arrived and are in C108 on the first floor- I was nervous at first- but the unit is beautiful! We were in Tara last year and My Husband stayed at Trail's End last Feb when he was here- this is by far the nicest and most spacious unit- hot tub is close- underground parking is great.

I appreciate your info. Oh- I also learned there are 2 ski instructors from Illinois named Chris- ours was blond and is a twin.......that's all I know.

We may run to Vail for a day- I cannot ski- so I hope there is something to do here- like the main street here.....

Thanks again

Shelly

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 20
13. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

If your fam has another non-skiing day and are looking for a day trip, here are some suggestions:

1) Hot Springs

*can go to Buena Vista where they have either Mt. Princeton Hot Springs or Cottonwood

*can drive to Glendwood Springs taking in the beautiful Glenwood canyon and go to their hot springs.

2) Colorado Springs

-tour Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods or take a ride up to the top of Pikes Peak (14,000 feet plus) on the Cog Railroad.

locally- make sure to wander around the outlet stores in Silverthorne. Can get to them via that bus system that is just on the other side of the street of Cimmaron.

Enjoy.

Matt

14. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 19, 2013