We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

I can't find much info online regarding day trips around breckenridge. Anyone have recommendations on other ski resorts, towns, things we should see?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
1. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Can't find much info? Have you looked? Keystone, A-basin, and Copper are all within 15 miles of Breck with a bus to take you between them. Vail, Beaver Creak and just about any other I-70 resort is easily accessed by car as a day trip.

I'm sure the DE's will provide more info as well as links all over tripadvisor about the convenience of traveling between these resorts.

Edited: 1:31 pm, January 14, 2012
Minneapolis...
2. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Smushie I have looked, thanks for being a jerk about it. I am aware that there are other location near by, I guess I was looking for recommendations on whether it is worth checking out the other ski hills or if there is fun stuff like hot springs, etc in other towns nearby.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
3. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

If you buy a multi-day pass to Breck you can also ski Vail and Beaver Creek. If you buy a 5 day I beileve you can go 1 day to either. Keystone is also part of the package. If you're an upper level skier it would be an excellent idea to at least take one day at Vail. You might want to come back if you do.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
4. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

As stated by the previous poster, if you buy a multi-day pass you might be able to use a day at Vail or Beaver Creek. You automatically get Keystone & A-Basin.

Hot Springs:

Buena Vista- Mt. Princeton or Cottonwood Hot Springs

Glenwood Springs- hot springs

Matt

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
5. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

When are you coming?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
6. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

"I can't find much info online regarding day trips around breckenridge."

Try www.breckenridge.com

Under "Getting Around" there's a heading titled "Traveling to Nearby Towns and Resorts"

There's also a link to the free public transit system:

summitcolorado.com/breckenridge/summit-stage…

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 67
7. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Breckenridge is a great ski town and mountain. Since you are there I'd do most of your skiing there, and maybe ski one other nearby place one day if you feel like it later in the week. For fun diversions other than skiing, we thought the gold mine tour in Breckenridge was very good. I thought it would be lame, but it was really interesting. Also if you want another day off of skiing for rest or reprieve from high lift ticket prices, a very fun diversion was the tubing at Keystone, We did both of these activities Christmas week.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 20
8. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

We are coming to Breck innovate Jan. wondering what you think about Base 9 Condos vs The Village at Breckenridge to save a little money. I've looked at videos of both and wondering if we l would be happier with the location on the Village. We are two brothers so don't need fancy accommodations. Also, the Super Shuttle from the airport and ski shuttle vs. renting a car.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
reviews: 21
9. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

Charlotte:

Village At Breck is right at the base of Quicksilver lift. More of a resort style property. Pool, indoor/outdoor hot tubs...

Base 9- single condo complex. Indoor hot tub. typically nice sized units. Probably a 5 minute flat walk to the Quicksilver lift. Walk is easy, I used to own/live just on the other side of Base 9 and did the walk all the time.

Base 9 is a few minute (flat) walk to the southern end of Main St.

As long as you don't mind a flat walk, you really do not need a car for either location unless you want to drive (or the cost is cheaper to rent), do a day trip somewhere... You can take a free shuttle to City Market (local grocery store).

Village At Breck has a $14/day (or something like that) for parking.

If you don't need anything fancy, Base 9 is fine and in a good location. All units (and this applies for all units in all complexes) are individually owned so there might be a unit that is in serious need of TLC and the next door neighbor's unit is updated. So, look at pics of the unit if possible.

If you want to be a tad closer, also look at

MountainWood

SnoDallion

Timbernest

SnowDrop

Inner Circle

MotherLode

Matt

Chicago, Illinois
10. Re: First time in Breckinridge, should we visit other towns too?

What about Cimmaron on Peak 9- is it OK? Just curious- my husband is looking at booking now......