We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow Conditions April

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 1
Snow Conditions April

I'm thinking of returning to Beaver Creek in the 2006/07 season because of the stunning wide open slopes.

However, the only time I can get to the resort is for 10 days from 29 March to 8 April 2007.

Any advice on the historic snow conditions in April would be very useful. I notice the hotel prices drop significantly from 1 April, but I'm not sure whether that indicates poor conditions. I'm thinking of Whistler as an alternative but their snow conditions may be worse!

Hope you can help!

Vail,CO
Destination Expert
for Beaver Creek
reviews: 17
1. Re: Snow Conditions April

We are open till mid-April so there is always snow> It's condition will depend on the overall snow amount we get throughout the season & the March/April temperatures. Usually you can expect spring skiing conditions: icy in the a.m, great mid-day, turning slushy by the end of the day...but if the sun is shining it is SO glorious & warm...people actually ski in shorts & some "bunnies" in bikini tops!!

March traditionally is our snowiest month.

Vail (10 minutes away) always has great snow up top a bit later than Beaver Creek, so you'll be sure to find good skiing. If we have low snow & really warm temps, you will still find good snow up top but at the very end of the season, we sometimes have to resort to downloading to the bottom.

Yes, The hotel rates are GREAT that time of year!

Pack plenty of sunscreen and get ready to enjoy "life at the beach"

Apre ski, style!

Aspen, CO
reviews: 5
2. Re: Snow Conditions April

Most of the resorts will drop prices around early April because most US schoolchildren's spring holidays are over by then and demand goes down- not because the snow conditions will or will not be good.

As always, can't guarantee anything, but the usual advice applies. Go up high, stay up high, follow the sun. I personally LOVE Colorado spring skiing!

I have skied Whistler twice in late March/early April. While I know there are some Whistler fans out there, I won't go back that time of year ever again. The snow is just far too wet due to their proximity to the coastline. I'd save Whistler for another time of year.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Snow Conditions April

Thanks for your help guys.

We skied Beaver Creek and Aspen in December 2005 in some seriously cold weather, minus 11F I think was the low point! So I look forward to spring conditions and sunbathing rather than huddling together on chair lifts trying to avoid frostbite.

4. Re: Snow Conditions April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, August 22, 2009