We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning proposal to girlfriend!

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Need help planning proposal to girlfriend!

I would be very grateful for any ideas or suggestions that could help me plan a marriage proposal to my girlfriend in a couple of weeks.

We are flying into Denver on Friday, June 21st and arrive at 10am and our flight leaves on Sunday, the 23rd at 9pm. I booked 2 nights at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek and will be renting a car during the trip. Neither one of us has ever visited the area in the summer (I've skied at Vail and other Summit County resorts many years ago).

We both enjoy hiking and I was hoping to find a great spot to drop the big Q. Neither one of us are experienced or technical climbers, we've done moderate + hikes on previous trips and our fitness is probably average for late 20's to mid 30's. I'm open to any ideas for finding a great and memorable location, ranging anywhere along the drive from Denver to our hotel, and perhaps as far as a couple hour drive from our hotel.

I made dinner reservations for Friday night at Beano's Cabin including the horse ride to the top. I also plan for us to visit the Allegrio Spa Sunday morning for a few hours. I'm not sure how to split up Saturday but was considering a full or half day hike, mountain biking at either Beaver Creek or Vail or possibly doing a half day river raft. I'd love to fit 2 or more of the above activities in if possible. As far a popping the question, I was thinking either Friday before dinner, or during Saturday afternoon.

I'd prefer to find a trail with a hike from 2-8 hours to get up and down, and probably favor good mountain vistas over climbing to a lake. A friend mentioned taking the gondola to the top of Vail Mtn and hiking from there. Not really sure what hiking around the Beaver Creek resort would be like.... I'm also not opposed to a shorter hike if it makes sense.

If anyone has ideas for restaurants and other things to check out over the short trip that would be great too - budget of roughly $750 for the trip (not including airfare/hotel/car.

Thanks in advance for any help planning this special trip

Vail,CO
reviews: 17
1. Re: Need help planning proposal to girlfriend!

A few ideas:

1.) From Denver, stop at the top of Vail pass & do the shrine Pass Hike. There is a deck at the top which overlooks Mount of the Holy Cross. Many people get married in this special spot! (just make sure theres not one happening when you get there!!!)

2.) Arrange for a couples massage through Allegria. Have the massuese slip the ring on her finger while massaging her hand.

3.) Contact Rocky Mountain Carriages: coloradoskiresorts.com/vail/…home.htm

take her on a carriage ride & propose anywhere along the route; she'll feel like Cinderella!

4.) Have the wait staff at Beano's put her ring on the dessert plate or in a glass of champagne.

5.) Order breakfast in bed room service & have ring on tray with flowers.

2. Re: Need help planning proposal to girlfriend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 10, 2014