We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

I have made it a goal to do more local getaways this year. If I am going to be a “Destination Expert” for Colorado then I figure I best get out more often! This was our first of “Summer” With that in mind we choose Beaver Creek. For some reason it is always sunny and warmer there. Or so it seems to me. We arrived the 24th of May for Memorial Weekend. Traffic was amazingly light and we hit the Avon exit right at 2 hours from Denver. Good thing too it gave us plenty of time for HH at Vin 48. I really like this place, nice patio, friendly staff, great HH and dog friendly. Hung out a couple of hours with friends. I was right about BC being warmer! One thing we all noticed was how green the Beaver Creek area was as compared to Summit County and Vail. It was lush full spring. Aspen’s in full leaf, flowers blooming. It truly felt like we had gone far away.

We checked in to the Park Hyatt. I had been a couple of times for cocktails but never spent the night. This place is great, I loved it! We brought the pups and found the Park Hyatt to be especially dog friendly. Provided were dog bowls, a nice dog bed and a great idea, a door handle with “ Dog on Vacation Inside” brilliant way of letting the staff know but not having to put the do not disturb hanger on. To a person the staff was friendly and professional. All seemed genuine in wanting everyone to have a good time.

After check in we headed over to the Vilar Performing Arts for a Blues concert. I’d never been before but will be again! Very intimate venue and they get some pretty big names. We are planning on seeing some other shows this summer.

It was the Blues Brews and BBQ festival weekend. Lots of fun. Great beer. Only trouble was the beer was located away from the Blues and BBQ. Not overly crowded, just the right amount of people to feel festive, while being able to find a place to sit.

We hiked each day. I really enjoyed the Aspen Glades hike that connected to the Allie’s Way hike (nice name) We hiked all three days straight from the property.

Sat I had a massage appt at the Spa. It is wonderful. I was very glad to have taken the advice to arrive early to spend some time in the Water Sanctuary. Actually I liked it so much I went back on Sunday for a Spa Pedicure and Husband got a massage.

Afternoons we spend lounging by the pool. Very pretty with nice hot-tubs scattered about. There were a number of families there, all seemed to be having fun. The layout of the pool and play areas was well thought out. The water features and music mask a lot of the normal pool noise. I found it all very relaxing.

This getaway ranks as one of the best in a long time. I really felt like we were on vacation! We stayed 3 nights. I wished we had planned on 4. Bad planning on my part!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
1. Re: Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

Jealous! Park Hyatt at Beaver Creek is remarkable. Glad you were able to get onto the mountain. I'm usually there in the winter but had a meeting last summer and somehow ended up with an evening off and walked all over the lower mountain. It's just such a relaxing place. Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing.

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
2. Re: Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

Sounds like a GREAT weekend, alli. I love Vin 48 and the Park Hyatt (especially the spa). We don't get up there often enough.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
3. Re: Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

We should all go!!!

I am jealous you got too go in winter TumbleweedandCactus, though it sure helped me with my spring fever!

I am not sure what "enough" would look like Babalax???

Edited: 6:28 pm, May 28, 2013
4. Re: Allis Beaver Creek Trip Report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 30, 2014