We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondolas

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida...
reviews: 7
Gondolas

Do you need a lift ticket to just ride the gondolas up and back down? My Parents will not be skiing, but would like to ride up and enjoy the view.

Is there a differnt price for just riding?

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 52
1. Re: Gondolas

I don't think there is a gondola at Beaver Creek, perhaps you mean Vail? you might call them to find out

970-SKI-VAIL (754-8245)

Would your parents be interested in a snowshoe? BC is great for that. If they are into walking or hiking they'd like it. Hopefully this link will work

snowshoemag.com/2012/…

and

beavercreek.com/ski-and-snowboard-school/nor…

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: Gondolas

There are a couple gondolas at Beaver Creek. One's a people mover in Avon from town across the river to the parking lot. The other's on the beginner hill. Neither are scenic. Not sure on this, but I don't think there is winter foot traffic on the chairlifts. The Centennial Express from the Beaver Creek Village base would give you scenic views, but I don't think you can take it. And if you did, yes, there would be a fee.

You might want to consider Vail where the new gondola from Vail Village will take you up to Mid-Vail where you can have lunch. But you would need a foot passenger ticket.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 52
3. Re: Gondolas

I forget about the one in Avon as I think of it more as transportation that a ski "gondola"

The only foot traffic I have noticed at BC is folks going to McCoy Park, why I mentioned maybe a snow shoe.

4. Re: Gondolas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 16, 2014