We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowshoeing in McCoy Park

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Snowshoeing in McCoy Park

Heading to Beaver Creek for the first time next week and we want to snowshoe in McCoy Park. We have never snowshoed before, does anyone have advice on whether we should do a guided trip or just rent snowshoes and go it alone? Do you have to "learn" to snowshoe? Also, if anyone has advice on preferred trails in McCoy Park, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 47
1. Re: Snowshoeing in McCoy Park

McCoy park is lovely. If you can walk you can snowshoe, no learning curve.

Me I'd go alone, but it is a matter of personal preference. Sometimes a guide can make for a more interesting / learning experience. But you certainly don't need them for safety reasons.

Vail,CO
Destination Expert
for Beaver Creek
reviews: 16
2. Re: Snowshoeing in McCoy Park

Previous poster is correct.

You will receive a trail map at the Nordic center. The trails are rated per difficulty (steapness) Just take the easy (green) ones There is a fun loop. The scenery is breathtaking.

One of beaver Creeks best kept secrets> I am always amazed when I am up there how FEW people there are. Its so much fun! Take a backpack & pack a lunch. Theres a Yurt & some picnic tables to stop for a rest & a bite!

Have fun!

P.S. You are "up there" elevation-wise so make sure you wear sunscreen and take it easy, the air is THIN!

3. Re: Snowshoeing in McCoy Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 21, 2014