We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping driver from denver to beaver creek

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
tipping driver from denver to beaver creek

Hi

sorry similar to the ski instructor stuff

4 of us are being picked up from denver airport and being driven to Beaver Creek in a SUV

What is the appropriate tip for the driver for this sort of trip???

thanks

Mike

Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 26
1. Re: tipping driver from denver to beaver creek

Tough call Mike. Your private ride to BC? At least $20. If you like your driver and get a fair amount of insight or he/she is entertaining you can go more. Say $50. You'll be together for about 2 hours.

Back in the day, I had done a few from Steamboat to DIA. I've gotten as much as $100 and as little as $10. Tips are a little less than 1/2 a drivers pay. So the driver depends on the clients generosity. Best answer I can give.

Edited: 3:40 pm, January 05, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
2. Re: tipping driver from denver to beaver creek

Same as powderglut, my better half does airport trips in an SUV for a private car service. For a drive that distance, tips can range from $20-$100. A $40-50 tip is about average for a 2-3 hour drive to pick up a party of 4 and their luggage.

3. Re: tipping driver from denver to beaver creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 07, 2014