We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bc is the best?

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
reviews: 2
bc is the best?

i am a beginner skier with small kids

luckily we picked bc last year for our first ski trip

we stayed at park hyatt - awesome - village, ski school, lifts all close together

convenience is the most important thing to us

i am scared to try anything else but i know its good to visit other resorts

we want the closest thing to park hyatt/bc experience

i am thinking

snowmass - westin or viceroy?

aspen - too hard for beginner - little nell?

vail - easier side is vail square/eagle bahn- maybe stay at four seasons

deer valley - closest thing to bc - stay at st regis

we want upscale full service resort with good access to slopes and ski school

i dont want to take a lot of shuttles

any suggestions?

again want a bc like experience but want to try a new place

jax hole seems too tough for us as well as tahoe

thx

usa
reviews: 2
1. Re: bc is the best?

also i noticed deer valley is more expensive hotel wise than bc.

any thoughts on how to get discount on a thousand a night room in deer valley. book early of late?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
2. Re: bc is the best?

For whatever reason, the Park Hyatt at Beaver Creek tends to run lower rates than comparable hotels at other resorts. Little Nell is a great choice at Aspen with comparable quality, location, as is St. Regis at Deer Valley. But I doubt you'll get under $1,000/night at either one. But for sure that's comparable, or better, to what you experienced at Beaver Creek.

In Aspen the Hyatt Grand might get you a better price and is close to Park Hyatt, about two blocks to lift. In Deer Valley, try either Chateaux or Goldener Hirsch to get good quality in more of a boutique hotel with great location in Silver Lake Village.

Have fun.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
3. Re: bc is the best?

Viceroy at Snowmass has a lift outside its door that leads up to where the ski schools have many of their beginner classes. Lots of amenities --pool, hot tubs, etc. but I found the overall decor a bit cold. Westin is refurbished Silvertree Hotel. Many kinks early on but presume they're in full swing now.

Little Nell is fabulous but Aspen Mountain is not for beginners. Must be at least level 5 for lessons. Stay there and will need transport to Buttermilk (10 minutes) or Snowmass (20-25 minutes). Time traffic dependent.

Lots of beginners go to Vail but I hear them complain about the catwalks, which are part of beginner percentage, and lack of flat beginners slopes. I suggest Golden Peak lift, ski the top green runs, then take the chair down at end of day.

4. Re: bc is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 06, 2014