We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for best atmosphere?

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Where to stay for best atmosphere?

My husband and I will be spending our 10th anniversary in BC in Jan. I'm trying to find a place to stay where I will enjoy hanging out in common areas of hotel as I'm a disaster on ski's. I'm looking at The Osprey, Beaver Creek Lodge, Park Hyatt, and maybe The Pines. Any recommendations? I'm looking for people watching and reading while sipping hot chocolate or a glass of wine and soaking up the mountain views. Thanks.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
1. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

I'd look at the Ritz

ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

Vail,CO
reviews: 17
2. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

For all of your "wish list" items, I'd say The Park Hyatt. It has the BEST people watching from the large heated patio located mountain-side.A small quiet library if you just want to sit & read, a fab spa for some pampering... my opinion: Beaver Creek Lodge AWEFUL lobby, dark, no windows and bordello red. (ha ha ha) Osprey, to small & removed from the heart of things. Pines, no Lobby to speak of, just a few sofas in front of the check-in desk. previous poster suggested Ritz, however it is NOT in Beaver Creek, it is in bachelor Gulch, part of Beaver Creek mountain, but the Ritz is quite removed & there is no village to go shopping or out to a spot for coffee or lunch.

Hope this helps. You might also check VRBO to rent a condo, then you can just hang out in your own space!

Edited: 12:28 pm, December 04, 2012
Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 9
3. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

I agree with the Park Hyatt. A great property, the spa is wonderful.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
4. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

People watching, nice lobby area, Park Hyatt. Eat main meals elsewhere IMO, unless there's been a change or dynamic proportions.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
5. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

Stayed at all of them many times. Park Hyatt is the only one that matches your wishes and desires. As noted, Ritz is very nice but it's at the end of the earth. Park Hyatt gives you instant access to shops and restaurants in the Beaver Creek Village, fantastic lobby, slopeside terrace, etc. Can't go wrong. Was there this weekend.

FYI, of all the choices, Osprey is the best - nice boutique hotel. But no lobby to speak of. Go with the Hyatt.

Beaver Creek...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

Hyatt is the place to be, shopping is fantastic and the fire pits around the ice rink are nice to be at after dark. Food in the area is great and you can pick from many easy to walk to places in the village.

7. Re: Where to stay for best atmosphere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 17, 2013