We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Hi, everybody:

Now I am in doubt about which hotel I must reserve.

As we never ski before, we will spent the first days of our stay in the ski school, which is located -as far as I know, near Centennial Lift N° 6.

We have to drop the kids off at the kids school pretty early (8 AM). Then go to the adult school (around 9 AM)

The Osprey is little high price -same as Park Hyatt-, but both are closer to the ski school. The Charter or the Pines Lodges look a smarter price wise election, but I will have to take the shuttle earlier in the morning or walk in snow about 500 yards or so.

By the way, I dont know at what time the first shuttle depart from each Charter or Pines Lodge, and how much time it takes from the hotels front door to One Beaver Creek Place. Does the Shuttle stops in every other hotel or condo on its way?.

Could you recomend another hotel that I missed?

I read another recent post about car parking in the Village. Could I park a SUV near the Ski School? I read the post but have some doubts about if there is a hour fee rate, a full day fee rate or there is some option for free. Also if there is enough parking space.

But renting a SUV will give me the chance to eventually visit different spots on my own and driving in the snow. That will be a plus.

Thanks to everyone of you who help so far me so much in understanding how the Village works in winter.

Vail,CO
reviews: 17
1. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

1.) if you can help it DO NOT rent a car (unless you are using it to drive from airport) The vail area has a fantastic bus system. Free shuttles run continually throught out Beaver Creek. You can take a bus over to Vail if you want to visit there for only a few bucks.

You will pay so much money to park & valet that car & it will just SIT unused.Beaver Creek is very compact, an easy stroll or free shuttles make getting around easy

2.) Try Highlands Lodge, St James Place, Park Plaza, The Kiva... these are all located a bit closer to ski school than The Pines Lodge. All are condos which will save you $$ in resturant bills> Breakfast near the ski school is REALLY pricey and always busy> having a condo just to get the kids some cereal & juice from your kitchen in the a.m. saves both money and precious TIME!! Afternoon cocktails & snacks in front of your own fireplace or out on your deck will make memories to last a lifetime!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
2. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Good advice so far. Suspect SUV rental and parking will be more than additional cost to stay at Osprey or Hyatt. Between Pines and Charter, definitely Pines is way higher quality. Shuttles definitely go early enough (and late enough) so you will never find that to be a problem. Others VailRealtor mentioned are all good options and much closer than Pines or Charter.

Have fun.

Denver, CO
reviews: 14
3. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Beaver Creek Lodge has all suite rooms w/efficiency kitchens [refrig, sink, microwave, dishes] which work well for families. Rooms also have gas fireplaces. This is a smaller, boutique property which would be good for families. Nice pool & hot tub.

note: Pines Lodge is NOT ski-in, ski-out...would be difficult with small kids.

Denver, CO
reviews: 14
4. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

I would also take a look at the suites or condos in the Poste Montaine!

Dallas
reviews: 15
5. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Also, condo rentals at places like Hyatt Mountain Lodge, St. James Place, Poste Montaigne, etc. generally come with one free parking place in the underground garage. These are all so close to the ski school that "walking in snow" really does not apply.

Sugar Land
reviews: 366
6. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

I agree with above recommendations and have stayed at St. James and Oxford court (which is a little closer to ski school but pricier). Strawberry park condoes would also work. We have stayed in Borders lodge, but I wouldn't recommend that for beginner skiers. You don't need a car in BC as the free shuttle system is excellent

Beaver Creek...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

The sidewalks are heated so walking in the snow is not part of Beaver Creek village, The parking is by the hour and difficult to find. The bus takes you anywhere and you can also call for a ride almost anywhere. The kids school is on the edge of the village and you can sit outside near a heater and get served while watching the kids. Shopping is also a great option and Armadani Jewels is like better then the Smithsonian for seeing amazing jewels!

Atlanta, Georgia
8. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

Hi Sugarland mom. I am from Georgia and will be taking the 5 year old kids to Beaver Creek in February. Did i understand you correctly when you said Oxford is closer to the ski school than the St. James Place. My twins have to go to the bath room a lot and we wanted to stay at St, James but the 2 bed room condos are booked. Pelase advise. Many thanks

Ga Twin Mom.

9. Re: Beaver Creek Hotel Advice considering distance to ski School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014