We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Which Yountville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 12
2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Hi,

My husband and I have 2 nights at hotel Yauntville in August. We both prefer red wines and wondering if there are any stand out (reasonable) recommendations. We have also been told that Sonoma may be a better place to stay as eating in Yauntville is very pricey! In which case we may change our hotel booking. We are driving up from San fran then driving to LA after wine weekend!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks

reviews: 785
1. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

I would keep the reservations in Yountville. The Hotel Yountville is a very nice place to stay. Domaine Chandon is a place not to miss in this area. Ask your concierge for complimentary tasting passes to the area and this will keep your tasting fees down. Have fun! :)

London
2. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Thanks so much, very helpful. Also slightly worried about the price of restaurants in Yauntville and we don't really like fancy fancy food! Any alternatives?! Salads, sushi etc is more my bag!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
3. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

It's Yountville. The Hotel Yountville is one of the more expensive hotels in the Napa Valley but you are worried about the price of restaurants? Yountville has several moderately priced dining options. Redd Wood isn't too bad. The new R & D Kitchen may have the salads you are looking for:

www.yelp.com/biz/r-d-kitchen-yountville

If these don't work out, Napa is just ten minutes away.

London
4. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Haha. The hotel is a treat for my husbands 30th and has hit me pretty hard. Besides, some of the restaurants I have looked up are the same price per head as a night in the hotel!! Thanks I will check those out :)

5. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Check out Mustard's Grill, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen and Go Fish for fantastic food in a casual atmosphere. These are all owned by the same person, Cindy Pawlcyn, a phenomenal chef. ;)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
6. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Cindy sent all her fish to the Monterey Aquarium. Go Fish is now called Cindy Pawlcyn's Wood Grill and Wine Bar. But, all three are great choices. Mustards is just a few minutes north of Yountville.

Edited: 9:00 pm, June 18, 2013
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 369
7. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Yountville has a lot of very reasonable places to eat in the area. It is a great town.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
8. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Hotel Yountville is our favorite place, you'll love staying there. You'll find plenty of places to eat in the valley, just wait and see.

Napa, California
9. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

Yountville has some of the best food in Northern California. Nearby St. Helena and Calistoga are also terrific. I would ask the folks at your hotel for suggestions, there is something in every price range. have fun!

10. Re: 2 days in Yauntville , suggestions please!

If you go to Calistoga check out All Seasons Cafe, really good salads there. :)