We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

Which Yountville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 57
Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

We are going to Yountville (3 couples) in February. We found the Petite Logis for only $135 a night and the Vintage inn for $189.00 a night. I've actually stayed at the Petite Logis and loved the location and simplicity. However, since we are traveling with 2 other couples I wondered if it would be better to stay at a more traditional hotel with common areas to sit together, have breakfast together, etc... Is it worth the extra money to stay at the Vintage Inn? Villagio was already booked which was my first choice. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

"Is it worth the extra money to stay at the Vintage Inn?"

Since you've stayed at the Petite Logis, you have first hand knowledge of this property. If you were satisfied before, why wouldn't you be this time?

Vintage Inn is very similar to Villagio. They are sister properties run by the same management team. Vintage Inn has a wonderful breakfast included, has a large pool and outdoor jacuzzi. It's an older property than Villagio but many rooms have been recently remodeled. The rooms are large and have large patios or balconies. If you get an upstairs room, you will have a vaulted ceiling.

San Diego...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

Thank you. If it was just us, we would stay at Petite Logis. Since it's 3 couples I wondered if there were common grounds at the Vintage Inn to hang out together in the evening. I know at the Petite Logis there are not and the rooms are too small for 6 people to hang out in.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
3. Re: Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

You can hang out in the main reception area at Vintage. This is where the breakfast is served and there are a bunch of comfortable chairs and tables. In the evening, they have a small bar there where you can order drinks.

Of course, you could also hang out at Bouchon or Hurleys across the street.

4. Re: Vintage Inn or Petite Logis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, April 25, 2014