We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood

Which West Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
reviews: 49
Hollywood

My husband and I will be arriving in Hollywood by train from anaheim 21st October and leaving to fly home 24th October.

we will spend one day at universal studios.

we want to stay somewhere by the walk of stars budget no more than $200 a day

any suggestions

also any suggestions for our free day. what to see. we will not have a car and are not interested in the tours of the stars homes.

is it easy to get to the beach on public transport

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Hollywood

OK, you posted in the "West Hollywood" city forum, the main community of Hollywood is part of the city of Los Angeles. (NO big deal,it is confusing).

As for the community of Hollywood, I would look at the Hollywood and Highland area, such as the Orchid Suites or Magic Castle Hotels.

A one stop Subway ride from Hollyood and Highland to Universal City to visit USH.

As for the beach, it isn't easy. Your best bet is to take the LA Metro Red Line to the Blue Line and head to Long Beach.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
2. Re: Hollywood

Why do you want to stay near the "Walk of Fame"? Because you think there's a lot to do there? If you stay near Universal, where you apparently plan on spending a full day, you can take the subway to Hollywood for however long you want to spend there. I think people often overestimate how much there is to do around central Hollywood, but that's obviously individual. And, yes, you posted on the wrong part of the site, since West Hollywood is a separate city from Los Angeles (of which Hollywood is a part).

What to do with an extra day? OMG. It's a huge, spread-out area with tons of things to do. If you don't give your interests or budget (just that you don't want a tour of the stars' homes), how can people advise? You could go to the Getty Center, LA County Museum of Art, Griffith Park, a number of attractions in downtown L.A., etc., etc., etc., etc. What research have you done? Found anything that interests you at all?

Edited: 8:20 am, May 27, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
3. Re: Hollywood

I find an hour is more than enough time for me to visit Hollywood & I only bother when I am travelling with people who haven't been there before. I did find great coffee though at Tiago on Hollywood Blvd, just up from the Walk of Fame, so if you are after a good cappuccino, you must visit.

I usually rent a car, so I have more flexibility with places to visit. I really like Griffith Observatory in the late evening to watch the sunset & enjoy the great view of the Hollywood sign. I also finally made it to the Farmer's Market & the Grove last week & really enjoyed them too.

Santa Monica is great & you can easily walk along the beach from the Pier to the Venice Beach Boardwalk. I can't help you with how to get there by public transport though. I've stayed in Santa Monica on my last 3 trips as I really like the area, though there's more driving if the places you want to visit are all on the other side of LA.

I also really like Warner Bros VIP tour, though if you are doing Universal you may not be interested in that. I haven't made it to Downtown yet, it's on my list for another visit.

4. Re: Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2014