We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe in Watsonville at night?

Which Watsonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 8
Safe in Watsonville at night?

Traveling from Santa Cruz to Monterey. Needing a place in Santa Cruz but seems so expensive. Found Motel 6 in Watsonville for $95 a night - just need one night - expect to arrive late at night to Watsonville - probably about 10pm with a family with 2 kids. Is is safe in this area?

14 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 345
1. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

I think you are in great danger of dying of boredom in Watsonville.

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Where will you be traveling from?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Ewwwww. What's your budget? There are so many choices in the area better than Watsonville.

Dr. Z

California
4. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Will be driving from Santa Cruz Boardwalk most likely. Just needed a palce to sleep then would drive to MOnterey in the morning.

California
5. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Will be driving from Santa Cruz Boardwalk most likely. Just needed a palce to sleep then would drive to MOnterey in the morning.

California
6. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Our budget is $100 a night. Luckily got some Hyatt and Marriot certificates for $100 a night. But they didn have any locations in Santa Cruz, Salinas area available.

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Since you're arriving so late & leaving in the morning I think Watsonville will work fine for you.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
8. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

There are some cheap motels in Santa Cruz, no need to drive to Watsonville. It's only an hour's drive from Santa Cruz to Monterey.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
9. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

With a family, I would not do a "cheap motel" in Santa Cruz. Yes, I am one of the the DE's here. Our cheap motels are not in good areas.

The Motel 6 in Watsonville is quite new and just off the freeway, no need to worry about safety. You will not be in town. Watsonville is about half an hour from Santa Cruz, or less, if you are stopping near the freeway.

My advice would be to go for it. Since you are not looking for a place to "visit" it is not relevant whether Watsonville is boring and I assure you the accommodations will be better than the "cheap motels" in Santa Cruz.

In your circumstances that would be my choice.

Don't go to Salinas. That is a place where would worry about safety.

Have a good trip.

California
10. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Thanks Puter. Will keep the reservation then.

Thank you everyone for all the advice! I can always count on Tripadvisor to answer all my questions!

Reply to: Safe in Watsonville at night?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watsonville