We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Which Visalia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Selma
reviews: 1
Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

I'm looking for a honeymooner room the first night stay after the wedding. The bride and groom are traveling to LAX the next day. They are leaving from Selma around 9:30pm so don't want to travel too far. We'd like to put them in a room that is private, nicely decorated, and it would be awesome if they had a jacuzzi tub for two or something special for the bride and groom.

4 replies to this topic
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 344
1. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Ah, honeymoon in Visalia. Who hasn't dreamt of that? Yes, I have been. My late father loved the Vantage Press Restaurant there. You can see what hotels are highest rated on TA by looking at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33230-Visalia_Califo… If they don't mention a Jacuzzi, phone them. I'd think Bakersfield would have a wider selection and would put them closer to LAX.

-What time do they fly out of LAX the next day? What day of the week? They don't have to worry about rush hour traffic once in the L.A. region?

-Why Visalia? It's not on the direct route from Selma to LAX http://goo.gl/maps/466Au Not far off it. They want to drive just 1/2 hour that night, and all the way to LAX the next to get their flight?

Edited: 2:21 pm, June 14, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 344
2. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Since price is no object (right?), I think the Oil Baron Suite at the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield sounds nice: "This 825 sq feet suite is unlike any other room you've stayed in before. This suite is designed to enjoy, entertain, or just unwind. With a 50" flat screen TV, wetbar, and guest restroom, you will want to show this room off to your friends. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub, step-in shower and H2O bath and spa products."

Fresno, California
3. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Leaving a reception at 9:30pm I can understand them not wanting to drive far, even the 90 minutes to Bakersfield arriving there at 11pm would be tiring after a long day of prep, ceremony and reception. After our wedding and reception we were very tired and glad we didn't fly out the same day.

In Visalia I might think of a few ideas. The Holiday Inn is close to 99 and has suites. The suites are designed more to accommodate business travelers/meetings instead of honeymooners but it might work.

I might also consider the Marriott in downtown Visalia, ask for a room on an upper floor for a bit of a view of nighttime lights and the Sierras in the morning.

Another option is the Spaldling House B&B in Visalia, it may be a bit more romantic than just a hotel room. It gets good reviews on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33230-d113827-…

Edited: 3:14 pm, June 14, 2013
Visalia, CA
reviews: 34
4. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

I would stay at the Marriott. I don' know if they have jacuzzi tubs or not but I think that would be the nicest place.

Reply to: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted