We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Holy Family Church

Which Visalia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
reviews: 4
Hotels near Holy Family Church

Hi! My daughter is getting married in Visalia, at Holy Family Church, this summer. Any hotels nearby? She visited Sequoia last year, and loved the park so much she decided to get married in Visalia and then invite all the guests to the park for a casual reception and hiking. We're all staying in the park, but the night before the wedding we'll stay in Visalia. A hotel close to the church would be ideal. Thanks for your input.

9 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

There's a Marriott nearby less than 1.5 miles. If that's too spendy there are much cheaper places like the comfort inn too.

marriott.com/hotels/…

comfortsuites.com/…

Edited: 7:52 pm, March 05, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
2. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

Google Maps has this cool "search nearby" function. Go on Google Maps and find "Holy Family Church, Visalia" then select "search neaby" and enter "hotel."

There are quite a number of possibilities in all different price ranges.

Fresno, California
3. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

The 2 closest (about 1 mile to the church) I would recommend would be either the Marriott or the Comfort Suites on Acequia (be careful there are 2 Comfort locations in the city).

Both the Marriot and the Comfort on Acequia are just one block off Visalia's walkable Main Street which has 40 to 50 restaurants, plus shops and entertainment spots.

If you are willing to drive a little further then I would suggest the Hampton, Fairfield, or La Quinta. They are located along Highway 198 about 2 to 3 miles from the church. The Holiday Inn is also good but it would be about 5 to 6 miles to the church.

If any of the guests would prefer a B&B, the Spalding House is about 3/4 mile from the church and gets good reviews here.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33230-d113827-…

New York, NY
4. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

Reservations have been made - at the Marriott. Weekend rates are much lower than weekday rates - worked out well for us. Thank you all for your suggestions. Now as for a nice dinner . . .

California
reviews: 12
5. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

Not clear on what kind of dining, how much or how many but really close - up court street turn east on Oak is Jack & Charlie's.

http://www.jackandcharlies.com/

If you turn west on Oak you will arrive at Vintage Press.

http://www.thevintagepress.com/

Edited: 5:05 pm, March 07, 2013
6. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:26 pm, March 07, 2013

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
7. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

There are lots of good Mexican places in Visalia, the best are the taquerias (meaning hole in the wall take out spots), but there are some good sit down spots too.

There is a churrascaria not far from the Marriott if you are really hungry, Rio Grill.

The nicer dining spots are Jack & Charlie's, The Depot, in the old train station and Tommy's.

Very low key food, but great beer, Brewbakers Brewing Co.

Visalia, CA
reviews: 34
8. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

There are a lot of good restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the Marriott.

Fine dining: Vintage Press (Maybe the best restaurant in Visalia), Tommy's (have to get the bread pudding), The Depot (same owners as the VP)

Italian: Fugazzi's, Little Italy

American: Cafe 225, Jack & Charley's

Steak: Double L

Mexican: El Tarasco, Alexandria's

There is also a brew pub, a couple of pizza places, a few chinese restaurants, a Japanese restaurant and probably a few other's I've left out or missed.

spap: You're probably thinking of the Imperial Dynasty about 20 min away in Hanford. It's been closed since 2006.

New York, NY
9. Re: Hotels near Holy Family Church

This is why I love Tripadvisor. I feel I know Visalia now with the input from you all. I'm leaning towards the Vintage Press - for a rehearsal dinner. Thanks again for all the suggestions. I will come back with updates.

Reply to: Hotels near Holy Family Church
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted