We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

Which Ukiah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 67
Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

Couldn't find a thing on TripAdvisor and the reviews on Yelp and other sites were mostly very old--and none too flattering! Apparently this restaurant has gone thru changes over the yrs and I am wondering what it's like now. Anyone eaten there recently? We're going there next wk. (not my choice) and I'm wondering what I'm in for!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

I thought this was a restaurant we stopped at on our last trip north, so I googled. Turns out by looking at its map site it isn't the same. However, here is a review I found from January....

Insider Pages Reviews for Ukiah Garden Cafe

Ratings_icons

Pretty good food, except the mashed potatoes.

by Christy C. | insider_guru Insider Guru | Rank: 828 4 Ukiah Garden Cafe

I've eaten at Ukiah Garden Cafe multiple times, for dinner and for business meetings. The food has always been pretty good - with the exception of the mashed potatoes! I swear they are instant! The prices are average to slightly higher and the staff is usually pretty on top of things.

Posted 01/06/09 | Report Abuse

So I guess you are not in for gourmet. Just don't order mashed potatoes :~)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 67
2. Re: Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

Yeah--"tastes like packaged food" seems to be a comment I've seen a number of times. Not too inspiring, but perhaps things have changed since the comments were written... she said hopefully. Ukiah Garden Cafe is located on S. State (the main street) just north of Talmage. I think it's in an old, refurbished building that sounds like it may be interesting.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
3. Re: Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

Well, good luck.

I thought you had already been to Talmage and visited the Buddha site.

I had never heard of it, nor of Talmage, so I did a google and informed myself. Very interesting.

There is another such place, not sure if Buddha or Tibetan Buddha on the Sonoma coast. I can't remember exactly how we got there....we were taking a road from the coast up to drive down the ridge and turned a corner and there is was. Stupendous. The route had to be Stewart's Point Road, then Tin Barn Road and Seaview Rd.

All I can find when I google is Odiyan, which seems to be a very busy place by the way they are recruiting volunteers for their construction. But, when you turn the corner and come upon the gate your breath is taken away, and you think you are nowhere. It comes out of the blue.

It looks serene and otherworldly and you are certainly not away of all of the activiy which evidently is going on. Wow.

http://www.odiyan.org/

4. Re: Any Comments on Ukiah Garden Cafe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ukiah