We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American River Music Festival/Coloma

Which Truckee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AZ
reviews: 5
American River Music Festival/Coloma

Hi - I got great information on TA for our trip to Lake Tahoe/Gold Country and now am getting ready to come back. We are planning on 2 days on the American River and 2 days at the South Shore (Harrah's fans.)

My questions are about the American River Music Festival, if anyone has heard of it. The choices of campgrounds for the event are: The American River Resort, Camp Lotus and Earthtrek. We were so impressed by the river when we drove past in on a day trip from Lake Tahoe last year and want to spend more time there this year. The festival looks like a perfect way to do that but we want the best accommodations possible.

It looks like all three campgrounds offer cabins and tents/yurts for rent so would one have an advantage over an other? We will be flying into Reno so will need to rent all camping gear.

If anyone has any knowledge/experience with his topic I would soooo appreciate it!!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

I'm not sure why you are posting this in the Truckee forum if you are spending your time in Coloma and South Lake Tahoe. Truckee is on a different highway from which you will be traveling.

The Coloma forum doesn't get much traffic, so I would suggest you repost in the Sacramento forum about the festival.

AZ
2. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

Thanks for the advice - I have re-posted in the Sacramento forum as well -- I was just taking a stab that some one would have had some experience with this festival on as many forums as I could think of.

AZ
3. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

Well we settled on Earthtrek for our camping/gear and now have all the plans in place. I guess I will need to come back and report on this festival since no one in 5 Northern Ca forums has even heard of it!

California
reviews: 11
4. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

Music festivals start small and build over time. It's the older ones that have a real following. The American River Festival is only in its 6th year and the venue is small. Maybe as more people hear about it there will be more of a response to questions like yours.

Until then, you will be TA's go to person for info!!! Looking forward to your trip report. Hope you have a great time.

AZ
5. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

We have a fledgling festival here at Lake Powell too (Powellapalooza) so I know how great these small festivals can be. I also know how hard it is to get the word out so you can be sure I will be back with a report!!

AZ
6. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

This is a follow-up to the questions that I had in the spring about this festival. We just got back and just want everyone to know that it was great! We chose Earth-trek Expeditions for our campground (the other choices were Camp Lotus and American River Resort.)

Earth-trek turned out to be best for us because we flew in and needed to rent our tent and gear. We rented a great tent right on the bank of the American River and also sleeping bags and pads. The price of our ticket also included 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. Earth-trek has both cabin-style and dome tents available. Nice shower and bathroom amenities too.

The festival itself was 2 days of great music at Henningsen-Lotus Park but really the best shows were at the campgrounds in the mornings and evenings. It is a small festival and you get plenty of exposure to lots of live music and the musicians since they all stay (and play) in the campgrounds.

As for our trip - we flew into Reno, drove to Tahoe for 2 nights, 2 nights on the river and then 2 more nights in Reno with our airfare and lodging courtesy of Harrah's/Caesars Entertainment. It was such a great trip all-around and I hope very much to repeat it next year :-)

7. Re: American River Music Festival/Coloma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013