We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
26 reviews
Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

Just book our campsite at Agate Campground for Labor Day Weekend. Driving up Fri and leave Monday. I haven't been up this way for many years... ?20... so lots to rediscover. Hubby threw out Fern Gully and beach camping so here we are.

There aren't many old posts here so I guess I need to research some more. Pygmy Forest in Van Damme is one stop. We will drive up to Crescent City one day. I remember getting smoked salmon here when I was a kid.

What else should we do?

15 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
26 reviews
11. Re: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

Great! I think I will picnic with some smoked salmon and various items I pick up along the way. Will be flexible about the itinerary depending on traffic, weather, and our mood! Though my better half accuses me of overscheduling and overplanning, I am REALLY trying be more flexible. : p

Edited: 5:27 pm, July 22, 2013
So Cal
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
68 reviews
12. Re: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

The lighthouse at Crescent City was interesting - watch for the tides. I liked Good Harvest Cafe, and loved Vita Cucina, though I noticed others didn't. I think my expectations were lower - it's a catering op/deli with a few tables, best for a grab-and-go than a sit-down meal.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
26 reviews
13. Re: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

Oh boo... last minute work obligations for Friday came up so have to cancel this trip. : ( OTHO, there will a campsite available at Agate Beach for 3 nights if anyone is looking. Will save this for next year I suppose. I envy folks who are retired or have flexible schedule.

Will do some day trips in the Bay Area over the long weekend...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
41,694 posts
968 reviews
14. Re: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

Oh that's too bad, chinita :-( The weather should stay good through at least mid-October though, so maybe you can break loose a bit later in the fall.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
26 reviews
15. Re: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully

HB - thanks for the encouragement. My work calendar is set 12 weeks ahead. Can only add work and not cancel. : ( And the spouse is an educator so stuck with school calendar. I am off October for Columbus and he is not. Still trying my best to do a fall foliage tour at least for a weekend. Coastal woods like this deserve at least a long weekend which I don't have to spare.

Reply to: Patrick's Point and Fern Gully
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad