We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do/see around Tracy

Which Tracy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Things to do/see around Tracy

We are (3 Adults) travelling to Tracy CA, in end of July for about 10 days and would like to know what tours/places to visit around there. We would like to visit Yosemite park . Can you guys advise the best way to get there without car and any other places we can arrange to trip to.

6 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

Wow Tracy - not exactly a tourist destination and with no car it makes it hard to get places.

There are wineries in the Livermore area that may interest you but again you have the transportation issue.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
2. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

Can't think of a single thing to see in Tracy. Yosemite is about 4 hours away - you'd have to take Greyhound or a private charter, but I don't know if any private charters stop in Tracy. Greyhound does stop in Tracy, here's their website:

www.greyhound.com/en/locations/terminal.aspx…

San Francisco is fairly close (comparatively speaking) by bus and certainly worth seeing - very accessible once you're there and you could go more than once from Tracy (that's what I would do).

To get to Yosemite, you'll have to use the YARTS transportation system after getting yourself from Tracy to Fresno...someone who knows more about YARTS will probably come along soon.

But get familiar with Greyhound fares and schedules.

California
reviews: 12
3. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

You can use YARTS from Merced. You don't have to go to Fresno.

You can take Amtrak from Tracy to Merced and then YARTS to Yosemite.

www.amtrak.com

http://www.yarts.com/

london
4. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

Thank you all. I'll look into the above options. We are visiting family in Tracy but need to get out and about for few days.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 75
5. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

If at all possible, I would rent a car for those days you are going sightseeing - or borrow one from the relatives.

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Things to do/see around Tracy

Tracy without a car? Tracy is a nice small'ish town, but not much to do. However, it is a great location if you have transportation for day trips.- San Francisco- Santa Cruz- Carmel- Yosemite- Gold Country/Hwy 49- Calaveras Big Trees-Sacramento- Lake Tahoe- wine country.

There are many more too. Enjoy your stay, but get out of Tracy to enjoy California.

Reply to: Things to do/see around Tracy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tracy