We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Good* Pub near Tracy?

Which Tracy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tracy, California
reviews: 1
*Good* Pub near Tracy?

Hi there,

Other than the lame Firkin chain pub that was recently opened in Tracy, does anyone know if there is a good pub in the area? Livermore, Pleasanton, or Brentwood perhaps? I'm lookin for some good pub grub in a chill atmosphere.

Thank you!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
1. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

You're joking, right?

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
2. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

I don't have an answer for you, but the joking comment is not much help.

Hopefully the 2nd poster will look back and perhaps answer my question about the Bakersfield shortcut... I think she (or he) missed my question... I am really interested about any possible shortcut.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k18539…

Sorry to interup your post.... and what is wrong with the Firkin pub?

Tracy, California
reviews: 1
3. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

The Firkin pubs don't really even try to create an English or Irish pub atmosphere. The "wood" paneling is plastic, the tacky carpets are supposed to resemble some sort of British pattern, and the red velvet seats are just... not... puby! There are at least five flat screens. It's not even Disneyland fake- it's like Knott's Berry Farm fake. And that's pretty, pretty, pretty bad. Not sure if you get that reference... hope that paints a picture of the chain pub.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
4. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

I realized it wasn't helpful - but at least the thread is still visible. There's still no answer.

Tracy, California
reviews: 25
5. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

Based on a UK or Ireland definition of a "Pub", there is none as far as I know. The closest might be the Banta Inn or Rusty's. Tracy 'tis not Sterling or Limerick.

6. Re: *Good* Pub near Tracy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tracy