We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 4
Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Some girlfriends and I are traveling to Temecula in March to celebrate my milestone birthday and go for an early Saturday morning balloon ride. We are having trouble finding specific budget "girls getaway" accommodations. We would either like to bunch up in a room just to sleep and keep the costs down or spend a little more for a suite or fuller accommodations, possibly B & B or other specialty lodging, where we can spend the evening all together and still have at least two large beds to sleep. We don't mind bunching up in beds. There will be 4-5 of us most likely so we would squeeze three in a bed or bring a sleeping bag if we have to. We were only planning on staying Friday evening, we may consider two nights if it is affordable as it seems there are many requiring a minimum 2 night stay. Any suggestions? I would love to find a Tom's Cabin (near Mammoth) -like place in Temecula-with community rooms and a living area all can congregate by the fire and television, but still budget-friendly. Fyi, the Palomar Inn was of consideration but for the loud music all night as we have to get up early. Thanks for your replies!

Temecula
1. Re: Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Palomar music ends at 10:30p.

Most budget friendly accommodations are along Jefferson Avenue near Old Town, though these are chain affiliated motor inns - you won't find unique venue there as you seek. Many of these places will rent to you for Friday only, with Saturday being the typical pressure night that sells out. Comfort Inn is one place that will do a one night. I believe Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn and La Quinta also, but obviously check with each to verify.

You may want to search "Temecula Vacation Rentals" to see if anything fits the unique set up you seek. You will find private residences that have been converted listed.

A surprisingly affordable option is Churon Inn and Winery - 22 rooms, each a suite. You will see on TA reviews that the public areas are in need of touch up, but in general the rooms are very well received, staff friendly. If you investigate this option, call during the day and ask for Damon-mention you were referred by Destination Temecula for an attractive rate. They will do one night and they are close to the launching area. I believe they may have one or two rooms with two beds. All others are single king.

This is probably one of a number of responses you will receive. I am sure you will learn about a number of additional options from others.

Enjoy your visit.

Temecula
reviews: 12
2. Re: Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Creativitoy, TemeculaWine's advice is spot-on. There are great home rental options right in Wine Country for larger groups - accommodating 6 - 12 typically - but for a group your size the best option is probably going to be a suite at one of the in-town hotels. If I were you, I would call the main home rental company, Temecula Vacation Rentals at 951 237-2273 just to inquire, as they are probably the best expert in the area on this topic. A lot of small groups such as yours use Embassy Suites to fill the need. Embassy is right in the center of town close to Old Town and many restaurants are within walking distance. Local favorite Gourmet Italia is right across the street. Be aware that Temecula lodging fills up every Saturday, and accordingly if you are looking for the best deal, it will always be on a non-weekend. I've seen rates as some of the luxe wine country inns that are basically give-aways for weekdays, but weekends always come at a premium because of the high demand.

Temecula, California
3. Re: Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Hi Creativitoy,

That's awesome you’re planning a trip out this way! Room nights in our main hotels vary depending on the time of year and what events are going on. But you can easily compare pricing between them by visiting www.TemeculaCVB.com/HotelRates .

As for lodging with a common area you might try looking at a full listing of all lodging at www.TemeculaCVB.com/visitors/hotels . There you can find information about vacation rentals and hotels alike.

Any other information you can contact the Temecula Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau and we’d be happy to help you with information about our area.

You can reach us at 1-888-363-2852 or visit www.TemeculaCVB.com . Happy Birthday!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
4. Re: Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

Hello Creativitoy - First Happy Milestone Birthday!

The larger rooms at the Embassy Suites should fit your requirements. Just make sure that you are getting one of the larger 'suite' rooms, versus the single rooms with 2 beds.

Not to rain on your birthday plans, but I highly suggest that you keep a very close eye on the weather for tomorrow. Wind is the issue. We have a very significant breeze here in wine country today (my wind chimes are chiming like maniacs!). From the weather report I review daily, it looks as though the off-shore 'breezes' are going to be here to tomorrow too.

The best balloon operators will not fly if the wind conditions are not absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, that doesn't describe the majority of the balloon operators here. I've seen balloons out on a day like to today end up in the trees, hanging on some of the power lines and passengers suffering from very bumpy landings (even having the basket tip over upon impact).

Hopefully you paid with a credit card in event the flight is cancelled due to weather. The balloon operators will not refund your flight expenses if the flight is cancelled due to weather. They will require you to re-book at their convenience. If you used a credit card, you can dispute the charges and get a refund if you are not allowed to fly tomorrow.

I highly suggest that you call your balloon company today and ask them to verify the flight and weather for tomorrow. I've heard that some companies will literally cancel the flight 5 minutes before filling the balloon for take off.

For your sake, I hope that the winds die down and you have a pleasant and memorable birthday.

5. Re: Girls getaway accommodations 4-5 per room/villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014