We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries without sweet wines

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Wineries without sweet wines

My husband and I have a day and a half in Temecula starting on Thursday. We are looking for wineries to visit without sweet wines...from the other posts, it appears that sweet wines are a trend in Temecula. We are not wine snobs, but have gone on many vacations centered on wine and know what we like...any help would be appreciated!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 2,751
1. Re: Wineries without sweet wines

Bel Vino focuses more on reds and we have enjoyed tasting there

http://www.belvinowinery.com/

If you are more into reds you might also be interested in this article (we have not had the pleasure of tasting at all of these) but thought it might be helpful

temeculawines.org/blog/…

Oceanside Ca
2. Re: Wineries without sweet wines

Hi Katie,

If you are looking for dry wines please consider visiting us at Hart Winery, all of our wines are dry. Also Palumbo and Doffo would be good choices, who also focus on red and dry whites.

Jim Hart

Winemaker, Hart Winery

3. Re: Wineries without sweet wines

Good morning from Sunny Southern California, Katie!

We are delighted to hear you are visiting Temecula Valley Wine County and want to make sure to invite you to stop by South Coast Winery Resort & Spa while you are in the area.

There is celebration in the air; as we've just earned our 1,800th wine award from both international and domestic wine competitions. Our warm and friendly tasting room provides guests with one of the largest varieties of award winning wines being served under one roof; and I feel quite certain that South Coast Winery has that one perfect, non-sweet wine just waiting for you to discover.

While you're here, please take some time to explore the grounds of our 39-acre resort, complete with our Vineyard Rose restaurant offering up breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week; a relaxing three-story GrapeSeed Spa tucked away in the vineyards, and luscious villas for any overnight accommodation needs you might have.

Of course, if you have any questions or need additional information, please give us a call at 866.994-6379 or visit us online at WineResort.com.

In closing, we hope to see you soon, and look forward to introducing you to the spectacular wines of our Southern California Wine Country, served up with unsurpassed hospitality.

Cheers,

The Team at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa

Redlands, California
reviews: 37
4. Re: Wineries without sweet wines

There are really only a few that specialize in sweeter wines although several others make one or two. I would recommend Hart, which refuses to make sweet wines (no I do not work there!) Falkner, Wiens, Cougar, Robert Renzoni, Bailey, Oak Mountain and Longshadow are among those that are well worth a visit; do try to visit some on both sides of the valley. With your focus I would skip Wilson Creek and Maurice Carrie for sure.

5. Re: Wineries without sweet wines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 03, 2014