We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
reviews: 1
Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

We will be in the Del Mar area late October and would like to tour the Temecula wineries without driving ourselves. Can anyone suggest some tour groups that would be available from this area. Thanks!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
1. Re: Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

Hello and welcome to the Temecula Forum - can you clarify for me a bit? Do you need a tour company from Del Mar to Temecula or do you need a tour company once you arrive in Temecula?

Newton...
2. Re: Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

Hi mmWisconsin

Temecula has a variety of transportation and tour options that specialize in wine tours. Deciding on the best fit for your visit depends on your needs. Some of the companies provide intimate tours for a small group while others can accommodate large groups for a social experience. You have a wide variety of vehicle choices including limos, shuttles, hummers, jeeps, personal drivers, a trolley, and a cable car. Some of these tours include lunch and even a narration.

Temecula wine tour companies that can pick you up from your location are A Vineyard Tour of Temecula, Sun Diego Charter Company, Destination Temecula. The following website has a great compilation of companies to choose from: temeculacvb.com/things-to-do/… . Have fun in Temecula!

Edited: 6:25 pm, October 05, 2012
Temecula
3. Re: Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

Thank you for including Temecula as part of your San Diego visit.

Our company (Destination Temecula) offers a tour to the public with departures from San Diego (Del Mar) lodging establishments. This is an intimate experience aboard our 15 passenger Mercedes Sprinter with others from throughout the World.

We engage our guests as we provide fun, accurate, informative narration during the drive to Temecula.

Guests spend an hour in Old Town Temecula upon arrival in the morning, then follow a scenic route to the wineries that lends itself to our narrative about the area's unique micro climate, surprising historical significance, and emergence as a respected California wine region.

The tour visits three very different styles of wineries with a gourmet picnic lunch prepared by our private caterer served to guests after the tasting at the initial winery stop. Weather permitting; the lunch is served on a patio terrace featuring a beautiful view of the valley below. If inclement, lunch is served indoors surrounded by barrels.

By the end of the day you'll likely have some new best friends!

Please learn more about us through Tripadvisor, and contact our office to have your additional questions answered, and to make a reservation if you choose. Regardless, enjoy your visit to our beautiful valley.

Cheers!

Temecula
reviews: 12
4. Re: Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

Hi mmmmm,

I own one of the local wine tour companies, Grapeline, and I wish we had something for you, but we don't offer pick-ups in Del Mar except for private tours. If you're interested in a private excursion, we would be one of many options for you, including most area limo companies. However, if a private tour is not for you, you can save a lot of money by choosing a public tour - one where you'll join other wine tasters like yourselves. You've already heard from Destination Temecula in this forum, and although they are a competitor I have to give them their due - I've only heard really great things about their service, AND they are the only company I know of who offers public tour pick ups in Del Mar.

5. Re: Del Mar to Temecula Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 14, 2013