We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for a short distance

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Taxi for a short distance

Hi, I'm back ...

So, I was looking into the Hampton Inn (I'm a Hilton member). I did a street view and remember that area and the mini mall. There's no sidewalk going into Old Town but I don't mind walking through the parking lots to get there. However, at the end of the night I would not want to walk back through the parking lots, across the busy street.

Would a taxi be willing to take me such a short distance? I believe it's around half a mile.

Thanks!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 17
1. Re: Taxi for a short distance

Here's 3 taxi services for Temecula - give them a call to verify, but I don't think they have a problem:

City View Taxi - (951) 296-5667

Black's Taxi - (951) 551-8847

A-1 Taxi - (951) 676-5559

However, my recollection is that when they (the city) overhauled Old Town, they made a sidewalk along side the creek side of the road that will take you back to the Hampton Inn - I'll be going down that way tomorrow so I'll check for you and report back.

San Diego...
2. Re: Taxi for a short distance

Oh, thanks Meadowlark! My concern is after dark. You know, I eat dinner, maybe have a night cap and walk back 10:00ish. Unless there's a lot of people out I think I'd be uncomfortable.

But, I really appreciate your checking! Very nice!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 17
3. Re: Taxi for a short distance

The local Sheriff's office has beefed up patrols in the Old Town area quite significantly.

If you feel comfortable walking, then great - otherwise give the taxi companies a call to see if they offer rides to the hotels. I always appreciate options when traveling! :)

San Diego...
4. Re: Taxi for a short distance

Thanks so much for the local taxi phone numbers!

Temecula
reviews: 6
5. Re: Taxi for a short distance

You will enjoy staying at Hampton Inn. I feel safe walking at night in that area. There is sidewalk most of the way, for a short distance you will walk on grass or you can cross the street. Every Friday night from July 6 to August 31 there is Hot Summer Night and you will find the area filled with people late at night. Because there are restaurants, bars, night clubs and a theater, its normal to see people walking at night. If you're more comfortable taking a taxi, there are several to choose from, you can often find them parked on 5th Street in front of The Edge or 2nd Street, parked between Temecula Stampede & Baily's, but its a very short walk.

6. Re: Taxi for a short distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 30, 2013