We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Temecula Hotel

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Downtown Temecula Hotel

Hi everyone, This is not a winery question :)

First let me say that my parents lived in Temecula in the mid to late 70's. And yes, you ain't in Temecula anymore based on that. The town has changed drastically.

I currently live in San Diego and I have some friends that live in Redlands. We'd like to get together at a half-way point. I would like to spend the night and they are not. They will drive back home. I'm just looking for a little break from taking care of my 88 yr old Mom. My Father is actually buried at the Temecula Public Cemetery. We visited him a few months back after having driven through Old Town (which I hadn't done in a few years) and noticed how it's changed.

The point is that I'm only really finding that the Palomar Inn and Rodeway Inn are right in Old Town. I'm looking to just have a place to stay that I can walk to cafe, restaurants, shops. And, yes, a place to have a couple of glasses of wine close to where I stay w/o driving. Dates are not set but it would be a mid-week stay from now until probably first week of July. I'm happy to do the research on pricing but was just wondering if there were other choices for a place to stay where I don't have to drive to eat, etc.

Thank you!

Edited: 12:15 am, June 13, 2012
San Diego...
11. Re: Downtown Temecula Hotel

Thank you very much for the detailed info! Hmmm, I was thinking of coming on a Tues, Wed (still not sure if 1 or 2 nts). Maybe Mon, Tues would be better since I don't fancy finding myself surrounded by 20-30's hard partying.

Yes, the Swing Inn Cafe. My Mom can't remember so I googled it when you gave the name and that's it ---- since 1927 ! I remember when we lived in Rialto we were taking our motorhome to San Diego mid- 1970's, it was at night and got extremely foggy. We pulled off and went there for coffee to wait it out for a while. It was the only thing open that we saw. (Maybe there were a couple of bars.) Memories ...

At this point I'm leaning toward either the Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites. Just from the photos I've seen it seems like the ES would be a more pleasant environment then at the Hampton Inn. With the grounds & pond - seems like a pleasant place to sit. I could just take a taxi for the time I want to spend in Old Town. Or drive w/my friends depending on what they want to do. I know I'll be just fine if I stay at the Hampton. It's just been 4 years since I've gotten away from home (not counting an overnight with my Mom to Ontario to visit my Aunt in Kaiser Hosp)

Scarcella's sounds like my kind of place. We haven't worked out whether my friiends will be with me just during the day or if they'll stay for dinner. For having a place to talk & visit it seems like it would be a good place. Maybe lunch?

Oh, thanks for mentioning the walkway. I did see that on the walk and noted it was across the street from the mini mall. I don't know, unless there were a lot of people out walking it I wouldn't fell comfortable alone after dark. Sounds 'ninny' but I don't think I would.

Again, thanks so much!

Southern California
reviews: 75
12. Re: Downtown Temecula Hotel

I live in the area and I recommend staying close to Old Town. There are a lot of varied restaurants in Old Town. Our favorite is Baily's on Front St. The upstairs location ( has elevator ) is very quiet and refined. Good food and service.

http://www.oldtowndining.com/

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 17
13. Re: Downtown Temecula Hotel

Yes - Scarcella's is open for lunch.

Enjoy your trip!

Temecula, California
14. Re: Downtown Temecula Hotel

Elizzie4000 you are correct – Palomar Inn and Rodeway are hotels within Old Town. Rancho California Inn as well as Motel 6 are on the north end of Old Town. Rancho California is under renovations. Alternatively there is Ramada Inn just over a half mile South of Old Town.

At Hampton Inn the renovations are completed they are less than a half mile North of Old Town, you’re looking at an easy 10–15 minute walk.

For a full list of hotels in the Temecula area or to book your stay go to www.VisitTemecula.org/hotelrates - We are a non-profit visitor Information service. Contact 1-888-363-2852 for any other questions.

15. Re: Downtown Temecula Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 14, 2013