We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
reviews: 34
Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

Looking for a nice spot to enjoy some good wine and cheese... any recommendations?

Temecula
reviews: 12
1. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

For the most comprehensive winery info, look to the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association (www.temeculawines.org). Of the 35 wineries listed, 10 have restaurants (days of operation and hours vary significantly), and naturally many serve cheese plates.

If, instead of going the restaurant route, you prefer to sample cheeses while sampling wines, try Thornton Winery. They offer an Artisan Cheese Platter in the restaurant as an appetizer, and you can also order it while doing a wine tasting, which Thornton offers seated at tables (at almost all other wineries the tasting is offered while standing at a bar).

Hope that helps, Strawberry. Enjoy!

Temecula
2. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

Friday and Saturday afternoons/evenings Miramonte Winery offers artisan cheese plates prepared by local chefs with pairing recommendations.

The Temecula Valley Cheese Company in Old Town Temecula offers both cheese and wine tasting. Many of their wines are from outside the Temecula area.

Henderson, Nevada
3. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

Thank you for the recommendations - think we will be going to Thornton for their live music on friday nights, so this is a great suggestion to accompany our wine tasting!!

Henderson, Nevada
4. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

we have never made it into old town temecula and it is on my list for our upcoming visit, so I appreciate the recommendation here - we love wine, we love cheese, so this will be great!!

Thanks TA!!

Temecula, California
5. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

Strawberry,

I'm glad you've made plans to visit our destination. For anyone else wanting more information about which wineries have a restaurant on site i've included a listing below:

Baily Winery (Carol's Restaurant)

Callaway Winery (Meritage)

Falkner Winery (The Pinnacle)

Leoness Cellars (The Restaurant at Leoness Cellars)

Maurice Car'rie Winery (Maurice's Kitchen)

Mount Palomar Winery (Shorty's Bistro)

Ponte Winery (The Restaurant at Ponte)

South Coast Winery (The Vineyard Rose)

Thornton Winery (Cafe Champagne)

Wilson Creek Winery (Creekside Grille)

Another cheese sampler I can recommend is at Wilson Creek Winery's Creekside Grille. Here is the description of their California Cheese Plate: Shaft's Ellie's Vintage Bleu Cheese, Cow Girl Creamery Mt. Tam Triple Cream, Drake Family Farms Honey-Apricot Goat Cheese, Grilled Crostini, Chili Roasted Peanuts, Fruit, Local Honeycomb.

Enjoy your visit!

6. Re: Any Recommendatiuons for a wine and cheese tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 pm, June 21, 2013