We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best winery to have a picnic

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 28
Best winery to have a picnic

Will be going tasting with a group of friends for the day and would like to know of a nice spot to have a picnic.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 17
1. Re: Best winery to have a picnic

Hi - and welcome!

The problem with picnics at the wineries is that any of them that have restaurants on site require you to purchase their food. There's a small grassy area at Wilson Creek where you can have a picnic. It pretty nice - under the trees - but its adjacent to the parking lot. I've heard that they allow picnics there, but I would call ahead first and confirm. I would also check with Longshadow Ranch - I believe they allow picnics at their facility.

Otherwise, your option is to tailgate in the parking lots or visit one of our numerous parks. You can find parks here:

cityoftemecula.org/Temecula/…Parks.

I suggest the Ronald Regan Sports Park or the Temeku Hills park. Both of these locations can be crazy busy, as are most of the others, on weekends.

It may seem enticing to picnic in the grassy areas at Van Roekel or Maurice Carrie, but they both have rules about that since they have a deli/restaurant on site.

Redlands, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: Best winery to have a picnic

Cougar and Stuart have picnic tables and I believe Hart does too--I don't think any of them sells food other than snacks, but I usually buy a bottle of wine from the place I'm picnicking at. Robert Renzoni has a few tables as well; all have some views with Stuart maybe the best (but Cougar the nicest folks). These are just some I can think of. Longshadow doesn't have a view, but has nice surroundings. Mt. Palomar has a very nice picnic area with beautiful views but definitely expects you to buy their deli food. (At least this was true last time I was there.)

3. Re: Best winery to have a picnic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 am, May 26, 2012
Temecula
reviews: 6
4. Re: Best winery to have a picnic

FYI, Stuart Cellars is now Bel Vino.

5. Re: Best winery to have a picnic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 22, 2013