We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vernon, Connecticut
reviews: 59
Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be staying in San Diego for 5 days at the end of January and would like to do a day trip to Temecula to go to a few different vineyards. We will be staying at the Omni in San Diego and we expect it to take us just over an hour to get to Temecula.

We are hoping to visit the wineries that have the best views, atmosphere and most beautiful grounds. In addition, we would like to visit a winery for lunch where we can dine outside. Do any of the wineries have an outdoor tasting room or outdoor terrace to have a glass of wine at? We would be grateful for your recommendations. Regarding the size of the winery, we hope to visit a few smaller ones and a few larger ones. About how far apart are each of the wineries in Temecula? Thanks in advance for your help! Cheers!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
11. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Temecula Creek Inn has a wonderful restaurant with good food as well. The best thing about their restaurant is that it lacks the 'cafeteria noise' that is so predominate with restaurants today - you can actually have a conversation with each other without shouting across the table. The place is very low key and has a very nice ambiance within walking distance of your room.

Otherwise, if you are looking into dinner at any of the wineries - check out Meritage at Calloway, Pinnacle at Faulkner, Ponte Restaurant (@Ponte) or Wilson Creek. Thorton and South Coast tend to be ridiculously expensive for what you get and their service is hit/miss - sometimes they are on the ball other times, you can't wait to get out. Also, check the website for each of these locations, sometimes they offer coupons for $10 off a meal or something along those lines. Since its with your hubby - you won't look 'cheap' by using coupons, but rather a very astute financial manager :)

Temecula
reviews: 12
12. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

BEST VIEWS while sipping wine:

1) Leoness (Looking south past a valley of vineyards and hilltop estates to Mt. Palomar and its white-domed observatory)

2) Callaway at sunset (looking west past extensive vineyards, the city of Temecula, and the coastal mountain range)

3) Bella Vista (from the hill-top lake looking down into the valley below and out to the San Gorgonio Mountains which are snow-capped in the winter)

BEST ATMOSPHERE (festive):

1) Wilson Creek Winery

2) Longshadow Ranch Winery

BEST ATMOSPHERE (serious wino):

1) Palumbo

2) Doffo

BEST ATMOSPHERE (overall):

1) Ponte

2) Leoness

wisconsin
reviews: 1
13. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

My husband and I will be in the Del Mar area late October. We want to visit the Temecula area but prefer not driving ourselves... any suggestions of which tour group would be available or close by?

Fort Lauderdale...
14. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Will be driving from Anaheim. at the beginning of Feb. Anything you can add to what you said regarding view/suggestions,etc ?

Thanks,Coleridge

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
15. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Hi Coleridge - not really much more to add to what's already been said about views. If you have specific questions about other topics, drop me a PM and I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Council Bluffs Iowa
reviews: 1
16. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Can I join in and ask for advice on which Temecula wineries are the best to visit for informative tasting experiences and tours? I'd like to visit some that will help me learn more about wine.

Thank you.

Temecula
17. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

Reneejean, read through the forum post titled "Temecula winery tours" for extensive info on your question.

18. Re: Wineries with a view/great atmosphere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 24, 2014