We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Temecula

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, Wales
LAX to Temecula

Is it possible to get from LAX to Temecula without hiring a car ?

I'm over from the UK in October & i'm one of the few people in the world who doesn't drive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

San Diego...
reviews: 29
1. Re: LAX to Temecula

Probably, but it would be complicated. I know there is a Greyhound bus depot at Temecula - not even a complete station, it is just a couple of parking spaces next to the McDonald's on Front Street in the Old Town section of Temecula. You would somehow have to get from LAX to the Greyhound bus depot in downtown Los Angeles, which is at 1716 E 7th Street. Maybe some LA transit bus connects LAX with the Greyhound station. Once you are at the Greyhound station, you would take a Greyhound bus to Riverside, probably about a 1-hour bus ride, then transfer to a southbound bus going to San Diego, and the Temecula station would be about a 1-hour ride on that bus, getting off it at that place it stops by the McDonalds in Temecula. From there I don't know how you would get to where you want to go in Temecula. There are several bus routes of the Riverside Transit Agency in Temecula, and they are detailed at this page:

cityoftemecula.org/Temecula/…RTA.htm

This is the only way that I can think of to get from LAX without a car, and it might take all day, but it's possible.

Mission Viejo...
reviews: 41
2. Re: LAX to Temecula

There are two public transit options I see in addition to the previous suggestion, both very convoluted:

From LAX, take the Flyaway bus to LA Union Station. Then take a Metrorail train to the Corona station. Transfer to Riverside Transit rte 206 which takes you into Temecula. If that doesn't work, take Metrorail a bit farther to Riverside, then bus rte 208. Here's a map of the bus routes.

riversidetransit.com/downloads/system_map/RT…

The other way is the Flyaway bus again, then Metrorail to Oceanside (more scenic). Then North County Transit "Sprinter" light rail to Escondido:

http://www.gonctd.com/sprinter_intro.htm Then Riverside Transit rte 217 up to Temecula (refer to previous Riv Trans map). Note there is a trolley route 57 in the Temecula area. The town center is rather stretched out as everyone has a car.

Last option if Sprinter doesn't work...from Oceanside take Riverside Transit rte 202 (note it going off the bottom of the map).

I will leave it to you to devise a schedule (some services may not run on weekends). Metrorail and Flyaway have easy to find websites. If you have questions definitely ask!

Oh, you could also hire a shuttle, probably about $200 from LAX maybe $50-75 from Oceanside if your budget allows.

Mission Viejo...
reviews: 41
3. Re: LAX to Temecula

Just noticed the link that BW92116 left. The bus routes we suggested (2xx) only run on weekdays, see the schedules. I don't see anything that will work on weekends so that would have to be a shuttle. Several are listed in the Temecula community website:

www.temecula.org/chamberware/cw_1649.htm Executive VIP for example is $175 from LAX but you can save $$ (but not time) by taking the train to Oceanside.

BTW, south of Oceanside is the town of Cardiff-by-the-Sea. You could travel almost 24h to get from Cardiff to Cardiff!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 100
4. Re: LAX to Temecula

We were recently at a wedding in Temecula. Some of the guests used this service to get from LAX to Temecula and were very happy.

http://transitvanshuttle.com/contacts.asp

Transit Van Shuttle Services

29970 Technology Drive

Murrieta, CA. 92563

Phone: (866) 261-3114

Fax: (951) 848-9707

Email: info@transitvanshuttle.com

Murrieta CA
reviews: 2
5. Re: LAX to Temecula

I know your trip is past, and hope it was a good one. Early October was pretty darn warm here in Temecula!

Supershuttle.com quotes $104 for one person, and $9 each for the rest. This is pretty reasonable considering it's 100 miles and they have practically no chance of a return fare. Fuel alone for a van would be about $40 (both directions).

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
6. Re: LAX to Temecula

Kenish's directions are great. I'll add a few notes:

1. The "quickest" routing is Flyaway bus > "91" Metrolink line > Route 206.

2. The "next quickest" is a tie between Route 202 (via Oceanside on the Orange County Metrolink line) and Route 208 (via Riverside on the Riverside County or "91" Metrolink line).

3. Routes 206 and 208 are timed to meet some of the same "91" Metrolink trains, so opt for Route 206 in this situation.

4. Route 202 direct from Oceanside is substantially faster than taking the Sprinter train to Route 217.

5. There used to be weekend service on Route 206, but it was discontinued due to lack of ridership. This means that all of the 2xx routes operate Monday-Friday only.

6. The 2xx routes operate during AM and PM peak periods only. During the day, you will have to take the Flyaway bus, transfer to the "91" Metrolink line at Union Station, get off at La Sierra station, then walk (about 1.25 miles) or take Route 15 to Galleria at Tyler, then take Route 27, then transfer to Route 61 in Sun City or Route 79 in Winchester to get to Temecula. Needless to say, this option takes a while.

7. It is extremely difficult--but not impossible--to get to Temecula by public transit on weekends and holidays.

8. If you can, I strongly recommend flying into San Diego (SAN) instead. It is far easier to reach on public transit (on weekdays only) and much quicker regardless of whether you drive, take the bus, or take a shuttle. If you opt to rent a car or hire a shuttle, Ontario (ONT) is equally as good (if not better) than flying into SAN.

9. Let me know if you need public transit directions for #7 and 8.

7. Re: LAX to Temecula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 24, 2010