We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset or Laguna Beach

Which Sunset Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, NE
reviews: 24
Sunset or Laguna Beach

We will just be staying one day/night. Three 50-somethings, who enjoy the ocean, good food, fun and maybe a little shopping.

If you have been to both I would love to hear pros/cons of each and differences between the two.

Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
1. Re: Sunset or Laguna Beach

I would guess that the activity on the Sunset Beach forum as opposed to the Laguna Beach forum would be a pretty good general indication. But, of course the choice is yours.

Budget may be a consideration as well as the time of the year that you are planning your trip.

To me, the choice would be Laguna for more choices of shopping, dining, various beaches/coves and general fun/siteseeing within a walkable area.

SAN PEDRO, CA
2. Re: Sunset or Laguna Beach

DON'T GO TO SUNSET BEACH!! It's a racist community and the homeowners there HATE out of towners!! Especially if you park at the free parking (beach side). The residents really think this beach should be their own and no one else should be allowed to enjoy it. And whatever you do, don't drive a van there!! They call the police for just parking a van (even though it's not illegal) by saying that people are sleeping in it. And don't go there if you are black...the residents are nasty and assume you are there for the wrong reasons (even if you are in your 40's!!). Go to Laguna!!

Reply to: Sunset or Laguna Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunset Beach
Recent Conversations
More Sunset Beach Topics