We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions about Stockton

Which Stockton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Few questions about Stockton

1) What is the weather in Stockton in end of the April?

2) How far is Yosemite from Stockton? Is it possible to do a day trip?

3) Asparagus Festival - what this all about?

4) Any feedback on Residence Inn By Marriott

Hotel?

Thanks

Greg

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
16,711 posts
2,786 reviews
1. Re: Few questions about Stockton

It could be sunny; it could be rainy. The fog is usually less than it is around December time.

Yosemite to Stockton is: 121 miles (about a 3 hour or slightly less) drive. As such, possible to do the day trip.

This site can tell you more about the Asparagus Festival...

http://www.asparagusfest.com/

Residence Inn is ok....

I'm assuming you have friends in the Stockton area as its more a point which people from San Jose area to get to Sacramento.

It is not a destination city for most of us. A few hours in Stockton is fine unless you're coming for work, family or friends.

You are about an hour away from Sacaramento/Old Town and within easy driving distance of Jackson and Highway 49.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Few questions about Stockton

April will be warm or will be rainy. Maybe those big fluffy clouds with blue sky.

IN April the drive to Yosemite via 120 will be fabulous. Lots of green and wildflowers. Yosemite valley will be amazing with lots of falling and pooling water. I urge you to take the 2.5 hours to get to Yosemite valley.

The asparagus festival gets bigger every year. Sometimes it's so hot and dusty and other times it's really nice. If you like asparagus you can eat it in every form.

Residence Inn on March Lane is right in the midst of activity. If you don't find what you want on that side of I 5 you will find it on the east side. Just stay on March Lane and go under the freeway.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Few questions about Stockton

Thanks mini and suzie-travels! Actually me and my wife are looking for place to retire

and DelWebb is building 2 new communities one in Stockton - Willow Shores another in Manteca

-Woodbridge. Residence Inn was picked up from Tripadvisor being #1 in Stockton. We want to see and feel if this destination is for us in person. What is your opinion on Stockton as a retirement place? We are still both full time working in New Jersey.

Thanks,

Greg

Stockton
1 post
4. Re: Few questions about Stockton

Stockton has some nice areas but I wouldn't really think of it as a retirement place. I guess it just depends on what you like. There are good things being done downtown with the new arena, ballpark, revamped theatre, etc. The is easy access to the California Delta which is hundreds of miles of waterways for fishing, boating and recreation. Not too far from the Sierra Nevada Mountains or the ocean. There are lots of thing to do within a few hours of Stockton. The Del Webb retirement communities are pretty nice. I've been to two in the Sacramento area (about 50 miles to the north)which are really nice. Some of the negatives of Stockton proper are crime and traffic congestion. Go west on March Lane to the Brookside area. Some areas are gated, private golf course and country club, homes on water. That's the area that I live.

Hope this helps a little.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: Few questions about Stockton

You may want to consider the Del Webb retirement community of Clover Springs loc'd in Cloverdale at the northern end of Sonoma County. Cloverdale has a nice, small town atmosphere, but is close to major urban areas, right on the #101 corridor within 30 min. no. of Santa Rosa and about 90 min. from San Francisco. Clover Springs offers resale homes, not brand new ones, but appears to be a very attractive development. Negatives like smog and crime wouldn't be an issue there as they may be in some of the Central Valley urban areas. The City of Cloverdale's Website is: www.cloverdale.net

vicenza,italy
1 post
6. Re: Few questions about Stockton

Residence Inn by Marriott is an excellent place to stay in Stockton. It is in a very nice area. I recommend it highly.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Few questions about Stockton

The OP was in Stockton during April. Trip's already been made.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Few questions about Stockton

We are planing to drive from SF (get out in the evening) to Arnold (Ebbetts Pass Scenic Road) and futher to Tahoe Lake.

As per map, the most convenient place to stay overnight is in Stockton...

You think it's OK? or there is a more convenient place to stay ivernight?

We're going without kids and don't care about TV or pool in the hotel....we want chea, clean and secure space where our car won't be broken...

Any advise?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Few questions about Stockton

I answered on your other post. Don't make Stockton your overnight.

Stockton, California
1 post
10. Re: Few questions about Stockton

Stockton is typically pretty warm. Currently it is around 90 degrees with a low of 60.

Yosemite is a couple hours a way. Definitely possible day trip but will disappointed you have to leave before you see it all.

The asparagus Festival is a local event the town throws celebrating one of our local crops. Usually draws people from all over. Live music and various other entertainments.

Sorry never stayed at the Residence...Can tell you it is in the nice part of town for a motel room.

Get answers to your questions about Stockton